Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sucks that this happens at the end of summer but...Toronto just modified the parking by-law stating that motorcycles don't have to pay for parking when they park on the street. Of course with in parking times and areas.

Also appearently the "Green P" parking lots will have some designated areas for parking motorcycles, for free.

Reasons behind this are incentives for more people to ride and because appearantly a lot bikers would get their parking pay stubs stolen off their bikes.

Cool I think. Don't have to find some nook or cranny to hide my bike now or have change on me.

·
Registered
46 Posts
That is cool.

In NYC, a lot of the manhattan parking meters are the electronic kind where you have to display one of those paper parking tags. The unofficial policy as to motorcycles (according to two cops I asked), was to not ticket or two them for parking so long as their plates are hidden (cover) or taken off by the owner.

Obviously not quite as cool as Toronto, but hopefully as cities move closer to the electronic paper receipt methods, more cities will allow free motorcycle parking (or at least look the other way).

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
boardsNbikes said:
Just in time for winter ::)
Yeah I was just thinking that when I saw the thread title. But I'd guess with gas prices the way they are anything to get peeple out of the SUVs and cars and onto bikes more would be a huge help to gas reserves. Gas finally has dropped below $2.50/gal for 87 in Florida but a long and cold winter could drive prices back up.

Oh well it's something to look foward to for next May when the bikes come out of winter storage.

:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts