Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The crew and I had the chance to take a crack at and test our skill on Barber Motorsports Park track for the very first time. I tell you, it's probably one of the best tracks that I've had the chance to ride. Can't wait to go back.

Episode 8: Barber Motorsports Park

Again, for those of you who have a Facebook account, don't forget to go to the page and 'Like' us!
TopEnd.tv | Facebook

·
Premium Member
4,845 Posts
Thanks for the update!

On my computer, the video is very choppy, not sure why.

I haven't seen the entire video, but I haven't seen Jen yet.... :(

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm... what operating system and browser are you using? I've tried to make sure that the vids work on every platform. I'll see what I can figure out.

Sadly, Jen isn't in this episode. Her work schedule didn't allow her to make it to Barber when we went.

·
Registered
9,123 Posts
All I get is buffering. Have to stop N play, which gets old. I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium and using Firefox.

·
Premium Member
4,845 Posts
Hmmm... what operating system and browser are you using? I've tried to make sure that the vids work on every platform. I'll see what I can figure out.

Sadly, Jen isn't in this episode. Her work schedule didn't allow her to make it to Barber when we went.
Using XP and Firefox.

Tell Jen we missed her!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Hmmm... the vids have been fully tested in Firefox using Windows 7 (not XP though). I'll try and tweak with the settings a bit or look into what's going on with the actual player. Thanks for letting me know.

Oh, and Jen will be in the next two episodes for sure. :)

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
Is she OK after her little get-off at the track a while back? Hope she learned from it and isn't too gun shy now.:) Also wondering why you haven't done a review on her SV? I can think of a group of riders who would probably enjoy it. (even though she isn't riding a girls bike. Or...is the 1K just a BIGGER girls bike?)

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I'm gonna be harsh here and not sugar coat anything. Please don't take personal offense. It's intended to be constructive.

I found it quite boring. It took forever to get to the lap of the track itself, and once the video got there, it was done at 3/10ths pace. I wanted to scream at you "GO FASTER, SHIFT!!!! YOU'RE ON A LIVE RACETRACK (you were being passed by other riders going MUCH faster, so to me, that's a LIVE track).

After enduring the Harleyesque parade lap, I was hoping you were going to show some video @ speed on the track...but no. Back to the garage/studio with more awkward/self conscious hand motions/gestures, and a pointless recap of of your parade lap experience.

I don't know what the point of the video was. If it was an introduction to Barber, you only spent 2 minutes on the track and the rest on video editing flurishes/metal bands and a plug for the track day company, and "studio" start/finish. If the point was Barber, cover/show/talk more Barber.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is she OK after her little get-off at the track a while back? Hope she learned from it and isn't too gun shy now.:) Also wondering why you haven't done a review on her SV? I can think of a group of riders who would probably enjoy it. (even though she isn't riding a girls bike. Or...is the 1K just a BIGGER girls bike?)
Yeah, she was fine. She just had a goose egg on her shin, and her pride was a little bruised, but all-in-all she was good to go. She is still riding too! As for reviewing her SV: well, she hasn't gotten if fixed yet. I know, I know. I keep after her to get it repaired, and she's actually in process of getting some new plastics. She's just been extremely busy.

I'm gonna be harsh here and not sugar coat anything. Please don't take personal offense. It's intended to be constructive.

I found it quite boring. It took forever to get to the lap of the track itself, and once the video got there, it was done at 3/10ths pace. I wanted to scream at you "GO FASTER, SHIFT!!!! YOU'RE ON A LIVE RACETRACK (you were being passed by other riders going MUCH faster, so to me, that's a LIVE track).

After enduring the Harleyesque parade lap, I was hoping you were going to show some video @ speed on the track...but no. Back to the garage/studio with more awkward/self conscious hand motions/gestures, and a pointless recap of of your parade lap experience.

I don't know what the point of the video was. If it was an introduction to Barber, you only spent 2 minutes on the track and the rest on video editing flurishes/metal bands and a plug for the track day company, and "studio" start/finish. If the point was Barber, cover/show/talk more Barber.
Thank you Random00 for your honest opinion, thoughts, and suggestions. I wish that more people would be as open and honest as you.

First of all, yes, when shooting the video, I did many laps as a slower pace. There were a couple of reasons for doing this:

• I wanted the viewer to be able to see as much of the actual track, the layout, and the line as possible. Sure, all of that could have been seen at a faster speed, but some detail might've been lost or gone by before explaining any specific part of the track.
  • I had no real interest in showing off my track riding ability (or lack thereof). If someone really wants to see someone going at top speed on a track such as the one at Barber, there are crazy amounts of vids like that on YouTube.
This episode was basically a breakdown of the track at Barber, with a quick overview of each of the curves, our personal thoughts, concerns, and overall opinions. Additionally, it was also partially aimed at those who haven't done the track before or to provide information if they haven't ridden this specific track. Also, I wanted to provide the means of those interested to have the information for doing a track day (at Barber or any other) by interviewing the event host, X-ACT Motorsports.

Now, I will admit that there was supposed to be additional footage of the pits, bikes, and other stuff, but I seem to have lost the SD card that content was on. It was a 32Gb card too. Big time unhappy of the lost footage and of the card.

Again, thank you for your honesty and opinions. It's information such as that which helps us to try and give the viewers what they really want to see.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts