Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

top speed on 1000

19K views 110 replies 60 participants last post by  SV1000 DSM 
#1 ·
what is the fastest you've gone?

#11 ·
I don't know if anyone is still reading this thread, but I hit an indicated 159 in 5th on the dyno the other day on a stock '03 nekkid, I am in the process of researching pipes and the power commander. My buddy is starting a mobile dyno service for bikes here in AZ, after we calibrate it I am hoping to be able to see the difference between my indicated and actual, as well as see how my power numbers change from my stock setup to the mods I plan. If anyone has info or recomendations for mods let me know. So far I have put on Carbonfiber LED turn signals, and gas cover (cheap I know but I am a grad student). I have a fender Eliminator, and a painted hugger on order from the dealer ship (my roomate is the finance manager at a Suzuki dealer so i get cost on parts if I install them myself). I am researching pipes I want a throaty sound but not too load, and then the PCIII I plan on starting a Blog with mods and how the numbers change as I change parts.

#12 ·
DaBuddha66 said:
I don't know if anyone is still reading this thread, but I hit an indicated 159 in 5th on the dyno the other day on a stock '03 nekkid,
Top speeds on a dyno should not be taken as actual. The bike is sitting still and there is no wind/air resistance. FYI. :)

#13 ·
Very true, but it does provide a comparison vs. the speedo indicated, which helps in deciding if you want to invest in the speedo fixes that people on the site have sugessted.

G
#16 ·
duane said:
155 on the bypass,I also passed a Mazda  that was doing 125 and I passed him like he was hitting his brakes when he moved over.He wanted to play tag and he was impressed by the naked I think. ;D

......Bypass, do you mean the yellow button on the left handle bar?.......My sales man told me that it gives extra hp, when I called his bluff he admitted that all it did was flash the high beam......What do you all think????

#17 ·
BobDoyle said:
......Bypass, do you mean the yellow button on the left handle bar?.......My sales man told me that it gives extra hp, when I called his bluff he admitted that all it did was flash the high beam......What do you all think????
Its definatley a horsepower booster. The reason why the lights get brighter is because your engine is putting so much horsepower out, it actually overcharges the battery. Thats why Suzuki installed a special "Power Redirector" "PRD" to direct all that extra ampage to the headlights. ;)

#19 ·
Many of us over at sv1000.zyns seem to be getting the same results time after time. I have seen many times when travelling in Europe 167mph and that?s your lot. Many are getting the exact same result. Mine is uncorked with standard gearing.

#20 ·
osup4 said:
Its definatley a horsepower booster.  The reason why the lights get brighter is because your engine is putting so much horsepower out, it actually overcharges the battery.  Thats why Suzuki installed a special "Power Redirector" "PRD" to direct all that extra ampage to the headlights.  ;)
wait your kidding me right

G
#21 ·
osup4 said:
Its definatley a horsepower booster.  The reason why the lights get brighter is because your engine is putting so much horsepower out, it actually overcharges the battery.  Thats why Suzuki installed a special "Power Redirector" "PRD" to direct all that extra ampage to the headlights.  ;)

"Shenanigans" ;D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.