Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my new Vstrom (650). I am back in the saddle, so to speak, after almost 17 years. I am really happy with this bike. Now to my question. Can anyone recomend a good top case for it. I will be using it to commute and a nice, lockable top case is needed. Suzuki has one, but with mounting brackets it will run me close to $400.00 and that is just a bit much. Any help is welcome.

Thank you,

Herwig

·
Registered
722 Posts
No help will be forthcoming as a V-Strom isn't a real SV650 :p

Kidding, check the Givi website. They manufacture the OEM stuff (IIRC), but it may be cheaper from them.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Liquidlen,where is that photo from beautiful scenery also how do you like the dl?

·
Registered
122 Posts
JCCC said:
Liquidlen,where is that photo from beautiful scenery also how do you like the dl?
Outside of Buena Vista , Colorado. About 40 miles from Aspen, Co.

I ride both the SV and DL650 and consider the DL to be just a utility workhorse of an SV.

What the DL gives away in bulk is gained back by narrow tires, and it's surprisingly agile in the canyons.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Liquidlen,also how big of difference in power is there between your sv and dl and how big of a improvement is there in comfort,thanks.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I can get a ton of crap strapped to this beast and disappear for a long time.  Comfort enough for me to do long adventure excursions.  It ain't Goldwing comfort, but I've tailored it to fit me with stuff like Genmar Bar Risers and lowering links.

Power is about the same, a little less revvy and a touch more torque.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts