Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so I've searched the forums, tried all the tools in the kit and I still cannot tighten the mirror on my stock 650. This is the right hand mirror.

There is a nut that looks like I could tighten however the space to get a socket to tighten it is too small for my socket set and 2 other sets i have. So that leaves me to think there is a special tool to do it. I've tried all the tools in the kit but none fit..

Can anyone shed some light on how to tighten this nut?

·
Registered
308 Posts
if that doesnt work im out of suggestions. is it possible you stripped the threads?

anyhow, i ditched the stock mirrors for bar-end mirrors 2 years ago, all i could see out of the stock mirrors was my elbows. bar-end is the way to go in my opinion

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
use a crescent wrench. You need to tighten the nut that is on the threaded part of the stalk down to the mount on the handlebars, like how you tighten two nuts against each other to lock them. I don't think I explained it the most clearly, but I can't think of how else to phrase it since it's pretty simple.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
i think you're trying to tighten the wrong nut. i just had this problem--the one you want to tighten is the lower nut, under the stalk that your arrow is pointing to. there is a wrench in the stock toolkit to tighten it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok.. so i tried tightening the bottom nut but that is as tight as you can get .. and still the mirror swings.. i guess i'll try more sockets and see can i get some grip on the top nut to get some extra bite on the arm..

grrr.......

1 - 14 of 14 Posts