Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday driving up 35 in MN I came across a 6x10ish trailer with very tall sides (tall enough that you couldn't see the truck in front of it) going about 50 with its hazards on. So I think WTF? and move to pass it. Well it turned out it was a truck towing another truck on a tow dolly, but the truck on the tow dolly was the one towing the trailer. I'll admit that I've thought how nice it would be to be able to tow 2 trailers at once, but dismissed it because ITS STUPID..

So moral of the story, don't put anything past anyone. I am shocked that she (yup she) didn't cause an accident.

·
Registered
7,584 Posts
Friday at lunchtime a lady in an SUV pulled over to get her mail. Her mailbox was on my side of the road. She put her truck right in front of me, facing me, no signals, blocking the whole of my lane instead of just making a left into her driveway and walking to the mailbox.

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
I once saw an old 2500 pulling one of the really long 5th wheel campers, which also had a Jeep attached to it. Both illegal and stupid.

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
Friday at lunchtime a lady in an SUV pulled over to get her mail. Her mailbox was on my side of the road. She put her truck right in front of me, facing me, no signals, blocking the whole of my lane instead of just making a left into her driveway and walking to the mailbox.
I have the same thing happen to me almost daily like clockwork at 3:15pm on a 55mph highway no less. She's given me nasty looks when I honk the horn when she pulls into my lane like that!

·
Registered
4,859 Posts
This morning, stuck in heavy bumper to bumper (doing around 45mph), the car in front of me locked up the brakes, pulled into the shoulder, then whipped right back in behind me. She cut off the car behind me pretty bad. No clue why she did it, I wasn't tailgating or being a jerk. It was wierd.

Edit: I was in my Jeep if that makes any difference.

·
Premium Member
10,443 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
I had someone lock up their brakes full stop in front of me the a couple of weeks ago because they missed a street. Full stop on a 45 mph road- ...these people need to be castrated
This is exactly why we need to leave LOTS of space in front of us. When I ride, I try to imagine that the car in front of me has just passed over a huge rock or retread casing. Will I have enough time and room to stop safely? What if there are cars behind me and to the sides? It's sobering to realize how far back one has to be to be able to do this. 99.9% of the motorcyclists I see are following too closely.

·
Premium Member
10,443 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
That was quite spectacular....

·
Registered
7,584 Posts
This is exactly why we need to leave LOTS of space in front of us. When I ride, I try to imagine that the car in front of me has just passed over a huge rock or retread casing. Will I have enough time and room to stop safely? What if there are cars behind me and to the sides? It's sobering to realize how far back one has to be to be able to do this. 99.9% of the motorcyclists I see are following too closely.
Like this?

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
I once saw an old 2500 pulling one of the really long 5th wheel campers, which also had a Jeep attached to it. Both illegal and stupid.
not everywhere

·
Premium Member
1,471 Posts
Since I do most of my riding at night (too hot during the day), I worry about stuff on the road in front of vehicles in front of me. Unfortunately, if you try to leave safety space, all too often it seems some ******* thinks it's an invitation for him/her to fill the gap!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts