Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey my baby babies. I just was wondering on your opinion on sanding down some scratches and putting stickers on them. Before you break out the pitch forks and torches, I'm a college student so I make barely any money, so spending money on a paint job is out of the question. I have some road rash on both sides of the upper front fairing (that houses the headlights) on my newly aquired SV650s. I was thinking that it would look decent if I sanded it down and polished it a little and put on some decals as tastefully as possible. Any opinions? I ride the 919 everyday, the SV650 is more for the curvy roads so I'm not too worried about looking like a doucherocket.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you want to retain the paint and avoid the stickers, go to a major car dealership as they usually have a guy they pay to do touch up on used cars that only need minor work. I've been in this business a while. You can usually find someone working on the lot that can mask/blend small areas for a little cash, it can actually turn out pretty decent for what it will cost you. Just an alternative to the sand paper.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Hey my baby babies.
so I'm not too worried about looking like a doucherocket.
FAIL

Sell the 919 and use the proceeds to fix up the SV.:lmao:
You've got 2 bikes, but claim to be a poor college student?:vroom:

So..explain to me why you would bother to sand what the stickers are going to cover? ????????? Are these GOUGES in the plastic and you're just trying to smooth the surface so the "gouges" don't show under the sticker?

·
Registered
688 Posts
FAIL

Sell the 919 and use the proceeds to fix up the SV.:lmao:
You've got 2 bikes, but claim to be a poor college student?:vroom:

So..explain to me why you would bother to sand what the stickers are going to cover? ????????? Are these GOUGES in the plastic and you're just trying to smooth the surface so the "gouges" don't show under the sticker?
+1 on sell the 919... do you really need that?

I vote Plasti Dip- I just did my car wheels for fun couple months ago and they still llook flawless... PLUS you can easily grab the can and spray over scratches with plastidip and not see any difference :)

And it peels off if you hate it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
haha, owning two bikes while at uni would make you poor.
whatever works, smooth the surface down a bit forsure.. friends have dropped bikes in the past not had any cash so the covered up the scabs with some contact paper. waterproof(if the plasticy or vinyl type) costs 2 bucks a roll and you can get it in different patterns, hello kitty mirrors and a woodgrain pannier were the highlights of a drunken repair job haha.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts