Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a thread a while ago that talked a bit about this subject, but my search function isn't working so I can't revive it. I do not recall anyone talking about placing the transponder under the rear seat. Has anyone tried this? I have an 01 SVn, and i haven't put on a wind screen or anything, and haven't had any luck with keeping it in my pocket. I also don't use a tank bag. I'm moving to VA and riding the bike down on Tuesday, so any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thx
Flava

·
Registered
70 Posts
Ive used the tank bag and even left the transponder in my jacket pocket but that got too dangerous. Not safe reaching in your pocket then waving it up hoping it reads you.

Just CYA!

1. Register bike for the transponder usage
2. Just velcro the transponder to the gas tank. Just keep it in sight.

Ive gone thru so many times without the green light in MD. But in VA Im not sure? Trying going to dcsportbikes.com and see if you can find anyone in VA who might had problems and got pulled over.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Well I guy I rode with last sunday had his Sun Pass (EZ Pass) transponder in his trunk and didn't have any problems with it working. I know in my car I've driven thru the gates with it on my front seat, in the gauge cluster and also in my lap and it worked every time. So throw it in there and if it works your golden and if not well you get 2 or 3 free passes before a ticket is issused. But that's an easy fight to win in court since you do have a transponder.

·
Registered
109 Posts
On the plus side, If the tag doesn't work you get a free picture of your ass from the toll authority :lol:

My tag works when it wants to, so I've gotten ass on bike pictures in the mail before.
I contested the fines, proved that I had a MC tag and just ended up paying the original toll when all was said and done.

·
Registered
254 Posts
In TX it takes your picture if it the system doesn't notice a transponder. Some grunt looks at the picture and checks your plate to the database and notices that you have an account and charges you accordingly just as if it did pick up your transponder.

Most times I don't even bother having it with me since I switch jackets so often.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I dont mean to thread jack, but this is somewhat related and may have some value to the SVS owners. anyways, I placed my e-z pass inside my left fairing and it seemed to work this weekend.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Blacksun said:
I dont mean to thread jack, but this is somewhat related and may have some value to the SVS owners. anyways, I placed my e-z pass inside my left fairing and it seemed to work this weekend.
now that's interesting. i usually keep mine in the map pocket of my tank bag.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts