Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Took an ex-work colleague with a Triumph Scrambler up on his old offer to ‘go for a ride’. We travelled on side roads between Halifax, Nova Scotia and a little place called Port Medway, before returning on the highway. The only picture I took was just before we hit the highway to return… But en route, we took a locally well-known bike road from the coast up the east side of the LaHave River to the town of Bridgewater. Holy corners, Batman! Will be dragging my father down for a run of THIS before the season ends! 😳

Water Sky Plant Cloud Building

Sky Water Ecoregion Natural landscape Coastal and oceanic landforms

·
Registered
2000 SV650 N
1,418 Posts
Beautiful pics Troy. Quintessential Northern Seaboard.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Labor Day weekend here in the US. Last tourist holiday of the year in the SW MO Lakes Region. This means the tourists and the police are going to be out in force. I'm leaving the bike parked for the most part, have a 4 day weekend coming up after this (3 day) one, so hopefully get a long missing Friday Ride Video..

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
First day in a week and a half or more with high temps that were not between too hot and ridiculously hot.
Makes for a much nicer ride. Just some of my usual roads today. If thing go right there are only a few rides left before I do a 1 way ride to a new home, and new roads. Hopefully in about 1 month. Which is to say we are in escrow to sell our house and opening escrow on another to buy tomorrow. :D

·
Registered
482 Posts
Decided to take a long (for me) ride yesterday, since it looked to be the last ‘nice’ riding day of the year. About 130 miles each way, into the end of nowhere, so I made sure I topped up there before the gas stations closed. But the ride back, it hardly burned any gas at all! Spent the afternoon with a friend’s family, and left a bit late. So temps were in the 50s for the ride back, putting the bike at the 1600 mile mark. I was A bit tired, so didn’t catch a HUGE dead raccoon in the road until it was late enough I could only choose it’s neck to minimize the hit. Then, in the middle of a small village, had one of the biggest deer I’d ever seen jump right in front of me! Then my fingers slipped off the brake lever because I was wearing mechanics gloves (as a backup)… 😳 At least it hadn’t really started to rain by the time I got home…

Of course, I think my tinnitus is getting worse with every ride! 😄

41 - 45 of 45 Posts