Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was out for a ride with my younger brother and one of our friends. Nice mountain roads with gentle curves. I've been on this road several times and knew there was a sharp turn ahead (10MPH marked).

Well I was the last one in line and at the last second a small patch of loose gravel caught my eye. Rear wheel lost traction and when it hit the edge of the road the bike began to highside...

Luckily I was only going about 10-15 mph and there was a nice grassy hill just off the road. I went over the bike and bounced off the hill and back down on top of the bike. I somehow have nothing more than 2 slightly bruised knees. My bike only has some rash on the tail and needs a new rear brake lever.

At least I now have something to do this while I'm looking for a job.

Just thought I would let you all know.

·
site supporter
6,051 Posts
Gravel. That'll do it.
Glad you've got just a project and not a painful recuperation.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
glad to hear you're ok. sounds like the bike made off just as well as you did. maybe you cacn come up with some do it yourself mods while on the "vacation."

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
xx

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Sounds like you might have fixated a little on it (easy to do). I have found that gravel is easier to deal with if you never see it coming. (You recover before you have a chance to think about it.)

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone!

Sounds like you might have fixated a little on it (easy to do). I have found that gravel is easier to deal with if you never see it coming. (You recover before you have a chance to think about it.)
Yeah I'm a fairly new rider (started last September). After running it through my mind several time last night, I realized that there were several things I could have done better/different. If I would have just kept my cool I would have made it through just fine. It really just happened so fast that all I could do was hang on for the ride.

I guess it comes with riding, but I definitely learned more about myself and have a new respect for the road and riding in general.

Next question...
Does anyone know where I can get a rear brake lever for cheap?

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
A highside can be awesome when you get bruised kneed and need a new brake lever! Seriously, sorry to hear about the accident, but for a highside you came off really well.

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah I'm either really lucky or someone is watching over me.

My family couldn't believe I was fine. I told them that my grandad must be keeping tabs on me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts