Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I usually don´t do this kind of rides, but today had a day-off, was all alone at home and i just need to do something diferent.
Besides, everyone is talking about their top-speeds, my R6 friends and cbr´s, hornet´s...
I went to a road with some pretty straight lines, not much traffic, no cops, no wind; shifting up the gears at 9k until the 6th, some fast corners and than a really big line. Left the corner at about 150Km/h (92-93mph), shift up, throtlle wide open and in 6th couldn´t pass from 10.100rpm about 203Km/h (126,8 mph).
I could really swear that some months ago i saw the tach near 10.500rpm at a 212Km/h (131,8 mph~). In that time the bike(´03) hasn´t the micron f/s, only the K&N, could it decreased top-speed because the engine´s runing lean or so?

I´m waiting for the PCIII, i´ll test it again...
Finished the ride with some twisties :wink: The bike was really made for it...

·
Registered
597 Posts
On the freeway, I pulled all the way to 130mph @ 11,000 Rpm. That is probably about 117-120 real speed due to the speedo error.

Notice I have the 14 tooth, that is why it topped out so slow :roll:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Sounds like fun :p

In that time the bike(´03) hasn´t the micron f/s, only the K&N, could it decreased top-speed because the engine´s runing lean or so?
I doubt that's the case. Usually bikes running a bit lean actually run a lot better, the problem is they are running hot and you end up burning things (like holes, in your pistons). When I had it, I was running my Katana lean for a long time (put a full system on without jetting it, didn't know better) and it ran like a raped ape, as they say.

Nonetheless, if it isn't tuned right, it won't run right, and I've got no idea how FI reacts, so, could be. =P

·
Registered
28 Posts
all i can say is that you guys have huge balls to run that fast - kentucky doesn't exactly have roads we can do that... too many damn turns, bridges and cops!

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have an 04 with K&N, full Yosh, PCIII dyno tuned...I topped out (only once) at 227km/h.

It was downhill with no wind, though :)

Sounds about right...I usually stop gaining speed at around 210.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Rex1one said:
i could've sworn there was a much longer, newer thread on this.  But I've been gone for a while  :-\
theres probably quite a few.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
I have hit 230 km with a slight down hill. Stock at the time, except for SV1000 snorkel :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
A guy who weighs as much as me(180), and looks just like me, got his stock '05 sv650 up to 142mph (Speed-o-meter not GPS). From what I hear going that fast is freaky enough, I don't get the guys with the 1000s that are doing 180-190 wherever they go down here in florida. I believe stock GSX-R1000 does 187mph GPS.

V_Hunter

·
Registered
485 Posts
200 pounds, laying on the tank on a slight long down hill, 147mph on display.
After stretching out 5th for a long time
Fastest time ever on my bike.
This was right after getting my slip on.

·
Registered
720 Posts
The stock gauges on the SV are wildly optimistic, I am just running a Sigma BC800 cycle computer that is spot on for speed (checked with GPS) and the fastest it will pull is 124mph

·
Registered
65 Posts
By stating wildly optimistic are you implying just flat out inaccurate? So if a mostly stock 650's speedo is reading 140 it is an error or is it possible with the right conditions?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts