Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did not write this fine piece of satire on the subject of motorcyle waving discrimination among riders of different bike brands but it is pretty darned funny... I did find out who wrote it see bottom- Jahshwau

I love motorcycles, and I love riding. Like many of you, what first drew me
to bikes was not just the experience of riding, but the feeling that I'd
become part of a special community-a brotherhood, really. Nothing calms me
more than a long ride down the interstate, waving to the members of my
beloved clan. Except when I pass Harley guys. I hate Harley guys. Hate,
hate, hate. When they pass me on the highway, you know what I do? I don't
wave. With their little tassle handlebars and the studded luggage and the
half-helmets-God, they drive me crazy.

You know who else I hate? BMW guys. Oh, I do hate those guys. I don't wave
at them, either. They think they're so great, sitting all upright, with
their 180-degree German engines. God, I hate them. They're almost as bad as
those old bastards on their touring motorcycles. You know what I call those
bikes? \"Two-wheeled couches!\" Get it? Because they're so big. They drive
around like they've got all day. Appreciate the scenery somewhere else,
Grampa, and while you're at it, I'm not waving to you.

Ducati guys-I don't wave at them either. Why don't they spend a little more
money on their bikes? \"You can have it in any color you want, as long as
it's red.\" Aren't you cool! Like they even know what a desmo-whatever
engine is, anyway. Try finding the battery, you Italian-wannabe racers! I
never, ever wave at those guys.

Suzuki guys aren't much better, which is why I never wave at them, either.
They always have those stupid helmets sitting on top of their stupid heads,
and God forbid they should wear any safety gear. They make me so mad.
Sometimes they'll speed by and look over at me and you know what I do? I
don't wave. I just keep on going. Please, don't get me started on Kawasaki
guys. Ninjas? What are you, twelve years old? Team Green my ass. I never
wave at Kawasaki guys.

I ride a Honda, and I'll only wave at Honda guys, but even then, I'll never
wave at a guy in full leathers. Never, never, never. Yeah, like you're
going to get your knee down on the New York Thruway. Nice crotch, by the
way. Guys in full leathers will never get a wave from me, and by the way,
neither will the guys in two-piece leathers. And I'll tell you who else I'm
not waving at-those guys with the helmets with the loud paintjobs. Four
pounds of paint on a two pound helmet-like I'm going to wave back to that!
I'll also never wave at someone with a mirrored visor. Or helmet stickers.
Or racing gloves. Or hiking boots.

To me, motorcycling is a like a family, a close-knit brotherhood of people
who ride Hondas, wear jeans and a leather jacket (not Vanson) with regular
gloves and a solid-color helmet with a clear visor, no stickers, no racing
gloves and regular boots (not Timberlands). And isn't that what really
makes riding so special?

To Wave or Not to Wave
By Shalom Auslander

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Good Stuff

For a second there, half way thru, I was about to get the flame thrower out. :evil: :evil: :evil: Then I rememberd this was not your work, once I got to the Suz Guys part. :wink: Pretty funny man, pretty funny. :lol:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha , ya bugtooth... I thought it was serious at first too.

I know everbody's always ranting about how Harley guys never wave.
Well I had a nice experience up at Berryessa last weekend that changed my attitude a little.
I pulled over to stretch and have a smoke at a small bar/store where there where already 4 Harleys parked out front in a nice row. I parked well away from them , knowing that they would not want my sportbike to disrupt the view of there rides , they where all hanging out front bullshitting and staring at the Harleys. I went and sat about 5 feet from them and proceeded to relax and enjoy my smoke , of course they refused to look at me or do anything that might tell me they acknowledge my presence.
Finally when I'm getting up to leave I look at them and say , damn you guys have some nice bikes ! Suddenly I was greeted by a field of smiles and words of thanks. We chatted for a while about our rides and all was well in the world. They even offered me a hit of pot off a pipe they where passing around and invited me to a swimming hole up the road. I declined to both offers since I really want to be one with my bike , not one with the road.
So the moral of the story is:
1) Harley guys ride under the influence of all sorts of brain altering substances.
2) Harley guys love compliments to there bikes.
3) Harley guys are just like you or I , except they ride Harleys.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
That's great man!! \"Wanna hit this?\" I can just see it. I have a few buddies who are harley thru and thru and even one dude here in the office. I think their bikes are sweet, but just not my style of riding. As soon as I tell them that, they are all smiles. No pot offer yet though!

One guy on this board has a Sig of, \"It's not what you ride, just as long as you ride\" I could not agree more!! Although I have ridden a Fat boy and a Sportster and if I was a chick w/that much vibration between my legs than HELL YEAH! But it gave Jim and the twins quite a rattle. :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
1 Posts
if you wanna consider Harley's more than farm equipment then thats your business, but i just dont see the point of buying one when you can have an equally stunning jap cruiser for half the price and headache. Want American made? buy an Indian, or a titan, but why would you want a two ton 1500cc engine that can only produce like 60 horses? all this excludes the awesome v-rod though. but then again, Harley had to send it to Germany to have porsche fix it to be worth buying.

just a comment in logic

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hahhahaha that is pretty funny i wave at everyone on a bike, even when i see people coming down the street with there 50cc scooters! lol

·
Registered
43 Posts
thats a bunch of B.S....

ok Jahshwau, so just because i wear all leathers incase the worst happens, you will not wave at me?? go FU$% youself!! i am protecting myself incase the worst happens. Don't worry about waving at me, because you would wreck if you took your hand off the bar to say hello. I'll pass you when you hit that pole, di#k>>>>

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: thats a bunch of B.S....

\" \" said:
ok Jahshwau, so just because i wear all leathers incase the worst happens, you will not wave at me?? go FU$% youself!! i am protecting myself incase the worst happens. Don't worry about waving at me, because you would wreck if you took your hand off the bar to say hello. I'll pass you when you hit that pole, di#k>>>>

Dude it's a joke and read my first line. I didn't even write it.
HAHA lighten up for gods sake your going to kill yourself living so serious.....

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
pssst....go back and edit your post and say \"Whatever could you be talking about? I never said that!....\"

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
what about scooters?

I am curious as well, what about scooters.

When I see that single headlight it is just natural for me to give a little wave (to all riders), however when I see a scooter I am not sure what to do.

I know scooter riders do not wave at us....

M

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
I liked it

Unfortunately, there are people who really are like the fictional dude in the piece. I don't take life that seriously. I wave regardless.

AND: I ride with a group that has everything from sportbikes to Valkyries. We enjoy ourselves and the riding. I like many different bikes, including Sportsters. They have character. My SV is the most fun bike I've owned, and I'll be keeping it for a long time. But I am probably going to wind up with a tourer for longer rides. My previous record is four bikes at the same time (an understanding wife), I'm down to the paltry one now.

Just to make you guys nuts, I might buy a Rune, just for the absurdity of the whole thing.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
and what about those naked SV riders...I don't wave to them either. Riding all around with their \"hooligan\" attitude thinking that they are so cool because they don't have fairings. I only wave to SVS riders (not the red ones though). :lol:

Well I thought it was funny Jahshwau :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
Pshaw! Hooligan attitude is nothing compared to the primadonna SVS guys. \"It's almost a sportbike, see it's got plastic?\" \"I can't take the wind.... :( \" BTW, I thought it was pretty funny too.

·
Registered
278 Posts
i wave even if im almost certian they wont. i figure it will at least piss them off. a few times my wave has turned into a one finger salute to. :mad:

a few weeks ago i was heading down to my buddies house to go for a ride. i come up by the gas station at the end of my road and spot a sporter pulling out w/ with his woman on the back heading the other way. no gear of course. i throw out my hand. now this guy was slowly pulling out, he sees me, sees im on a jap bike and wearing gear, double clutches, revs it and takes off like he is big billy badass or something. while his passanger is hanging on to the sissybar for dear life. ::)

the only thing i thought was "dude, if i was a lesser person (and i didnt know that there was a cop sitting less than a mile back that way ;) ) i would turn around, chase you down and smoke your ass on a bone stock rice burner" ;D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts