Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So with any luck I'll hopefully be accepting a position with Anheuser-Busch soon. No need to comment on that part unless you work there currently as well ;)

I want a good sampling of where to live in the STL area. Most of the houses my wife has found has been in the Arnold area south of the city. AFAIK I'm open to anything of an upper-reasonable price (less than $250,000 to buy, less than $1250 to rent).

Some things about me (and the wife):
  • 23-25 years old
  • White
  • Married (obviously)
  • From suburban Georgia with both rural roots and plenty of city experience
  • No kids
  • Potentially will have kids while living in Missouri, but probably won't stay long enough to raise them there for long
  • Not too interested in the club-style nightlife
  • Interested in fun bar scenes
  • We like revitalized main street-style towns, as well as the consumer parts of big cities
  • We'll have a motorcycle fairly soon after we move
  • We'll be moving there in late December or early January if I get this job
  • Would prefer to buy a house than continue renting

So from that, what should I know about St. Louis? As bad as it sounds, feel free to stereotype based on your experiences. I'm from Atlanta, so I know full well how a person's opinion of a place can affect their own life as well as what they tell others. I've heard everything from "You'll get shot if you go near the Arch!!" (I didn't even get a funny look), to "St. Louis is my favorite city!!" (remains to be seen).

I'd love to hear your opinions and stories, as well as some advice on where to look for residency. Thanks! :eek:ccasion14:

Edit: The wife also wants to know where the good sushi places are :rolleyes:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Gratz on the potential new job!

My experience in the St. Louis area is a couple of decades old -- I move away in the late 80's...
(To me, St. Louis is a great place to be from, not to be :)

I've got friends in the Manchester area that really seem to like it.

UD

·
Registered
126 Posts
from what you described check out the kirkwood area, I grew up in the arnold/imperial area, feel free to PM me.

I would stay away from anywhere east-downtown, not a fan of the university city area, maryland heights is where my house is, but not much bar scene there.

The only sushi place that comes to mind is fuji in chesterfield, little hole in the wall.

I didnt appreciate st louis or missouri until i moved away, now i cant wait to move back.

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If anyone wants to friend me on Facebook, feel free to PM me. It'd be nice to have some local contacts in and around STL.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts