Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went down a few days ago, got a lot of body damage to the bike. Just wondering if its worth buying new lower and upper fairings for my '04 sv650s or get them fixed and repainted? I'm worried about the colour match and if I will be saving anything. The fairings have slight tears in them but very scratched. Anybody know where I can get the bike fixed. I probably need the steering adjusted. It seems a little off. :-\

·
Registered
33 Posts
Personally I'd either repair and paint myself or look for some used bodywork on eBay, depending on how badly the plastic is damaged. Often you can find intact parts from either track conversions or totalled bikes that only damaged one side. Just going to a dealer and ordering new plastics is VERY expensive...

I'd also check out the fork more closely. The fork triple clamps might just be a bit twisted (easy fix) but you might also have bent fork legs. Is there any resistance when you compress the fork?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
::)what.....compress forks.....if you mean when I push down on the handlebars. if so then they compress. Just as stiff as they were before. Not as bouncy as some ppls bikes i've seen. I'm worried that if I bring to Suzuki they will tell my to replace them. My bar end sliders/balancers were scuffed and they tried telling my that they need replacing because the integrity as been comprimized! And if I get the plastic repaired and repainted I'm wondering if it will look as good?

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
I have 05 sv650s red front fairing, and tail section if you want them
This thread is like 3yrs old.
stop bumping old threads to try to sell your parts.
we have a dedicated forum for that. stick around long enough and you can post there all you want.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts