Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, we just got back from our honeymoon at the dragon. Total blast. Already planning next trip. But now the wife loves my 650 after riding it down there while I rented an r1. And after the rental, my sv just doesn't have enough power any more. So I'm looking and riding other bikes. 600s work, they are fun, but don't make me smile like a liter. But we all know I can't really use a liter to its full potential on the street. And track days are few for me. So the ,ogical answer is the sv1k. But I font know anyone that I can borrow, but I just found a really great deal and wanna buy this one in a few days. Can anyone tell me is the power diff between the 2 svs really worth the buy or should I justnstick with a regular 600 rocket? Any input at all would help. We plan slot of miles as well so comfort and reliable come before speed. Already clocked 40k on my cirrent sv....

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
I'd say it's completely subjective topic and you should ride one before you commit to buying one.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Go with a GSX-R 750 instead. More power, better handling and will make you smile plenty. Not to mention, it has a lot more usable power than a liter bike or even a 600. They are tuned for midrange power. I have had mine for a little over a month and could never see wanting a bigger bike.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Go with a GSX-R 750 instead. More power, better handling and will make you smile plenty. Not to mention, it has a lot more usable power than a liter bike or even a 600. They are tuned for midrange power. I have had mine for a little over a month and could never see wanting a bigger bike.
i've heard these same words sooo many times....lol

something about the human psyche always wants more...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Get a 2011 or newer. With the Showa suspension and Bremo Brakes, the GSXR750 blow eveything under 1K out of the water. There is really no compaison in the class unless you like orange, red, or british bikes to be different.

·
Registered
106 Posts
How does an SV not have enough power? Do you weigh 500 pounds?
As a newish rider, who weights 230 and has a 05SV650S, I say the bike doesnt have enough power. I already want something faster/more hp just for the acceleration around traffic.

·
Registered
220 Posts
As a newish rider, who weights 230 and has a 05SV650S, I say the bike doesnt have enough power. I already want something faster/more hp just for the acceleration around traffic.
If you want acceleration around traffic an SV650 is more than enough.
If on the other hand you like to exceed speeds of 200km/h easily,then get an SV1000 or any inline 4 ss bike.
If you like raw midrange power and high max speeds as well get a TLR.

·
BANNED!!!
4,805 Posts
Ahh so you can end up in someone's ass end quicker?

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
sv just doesn't have enough power any more

*snicker*

I've found your problem. You're a noob. I've been riding (by the sounds of it) longer than you've been alive. The SV is never lacking unless you're drag racing. Or racing in drag.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
i've heard these same words sooo many times....lol

something about the human psyche always wants more...
I didnt really want more power than the SV just wanted to try something different and I got the 750 over the 600 because of the midrange power. Couldnt be happier. I4 liter bikes just do not appeal to me. If I were to get a liter, it would likely be a twin.

Get a 2011 or newer. With the Showa suspension and Bremo Brakes, the GSXR750 blow eveything under 1K out of the water. There is really no compaison in the class unless you like orange, red, or british bikes to be different.
I smile every time I get on mine. Its just a great bike all around and a pleasure to ride.

I do think your newb status has a lot to do with it unless you are just one of those people who always needs to go faster than you are. My SV kept up with a ZX6R and a R1 that I rode with regularly even opening it up on the highway. We werent drag racing clearly but the SV has more than enough power for the streets. If you need to accelerate around traffic faster, it sounds to me like you are riding like an ass.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I love these threads. Someone states their opinion on wanting something more, all the "knowledgable" older guys show up and poop on their parade calling them noobs for wanting something more. It's like clockwork. :lmao:

·
BANNED!!!
4,805 Posts
I love these threads. Someone states their opinion on wanting something more, all the "knowledgable" older guys show up and poop on their parade calling them noobs for wanting something more. It's like clockwork. :lmao:
Perhaps a straight up reasoning of "I just want to go faster" instead of "I need it to maneuver in traffic faster" would get us seasoned riders off their backs. :p

Plus, if you don't like opinions don't effing post. If you want a faster bike, you don't need the approval of forum members to do it.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Hahaha!! In real life that'd be super awkward! But not here.
I second the communication part.
:p

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

1 - 20 of 51 Posts