Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently ride a cruiser style bike and have been thinking for quite awhile about going a different direction with motorcycles. I have a dealer friend who has a new old stock silver SV1000s 2003. I am just wondering what the differences are between that one and a new one besides color. He will sell it to me for 6999 out the door.

Thanks guys,

Patsue

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
will you still get the warranty?

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I'm pretty sure the same bike left overs are selling for less....check the other threads.

J

·
0 Posts
Just bought my 2003 SV1000S used with 8600 miles on it for $4300. NADA value was $5900. I was offered a brand new 2005 SV1000S at a dealer for $7500, not much more than what your guy is offering. This is in MD so I don't know how your area differs.

·
Eagle one
1,660 Posts
My local dealer has a Naked and an S 2003 leftover...... I believe he said I could get the naked for about $5200 + tax

·
Registered
171 Posts
Seeing as you ride a cruiser, I'm pretty sure you'd be content with the power of the SV650S. But if you want the 1000, go for it. As far as the price, it does sound kinda high. Get him to throw in some free gear. ;)

·
OberKommandant
6,127 Posts
He's asking too much, I just picked up a black 05 for $7400.

·
Registered
408 Posts
The differences since 03 are pretty minor.  You get like 2 more hp out of the new ones due to a slightly changed compression ratio, and they changed the ignition sequence so that the headlights don't come on until you actually turn the bike over.  The subframe was lowered in 04 and on to make the pillion position more comfortable, so the tail section of the bike looks a little bit different if you stand it next to an 03.

Then there's the change in frame color, and they shrunk the snow-shovel of a rear fender a little bit, but not enough to convince me to keep it rather than just buy an aftermarket undertail.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts