Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
SRAD GSXR fenders will fit as well, but they're hideous things, so I don't know why you'd want to use one.

On a related note, I have a SRAD GSXR fender I'll sell you if you want it.

·
Registered
9,565 Posts
you can fit newer style gsxr's as well, its just not as perfect as a TLR fender would be.

·
Premium Member
3,729 Posts
...To the op, I think a busa fender would work too.
Like the SRAD, also uglier than sin!
But not a bolt-on regardless - TL has one forward mount, 'Busa two - & neither is in the same location as the TL mounting holes. You can make a TL fender fit Busa forks, with a modification to the mounting bracket, but can;t see it going the other way

·
Premium Member
3,061 Posts
Like the SRAD, also uglier than sin!
But not a bolt-on regardless - TL has one forward mount, 'Busa two - & neither is in the same location as the TL mounting holes. You can make a TL fender fit Busa forks, with a modification to the mounting bracket, but can;t see it going the other way
I didn't know that. I thought the busa only had one forward mount as well.

·
Registered
744 Posts
you can fit newer style gsxr's as well, its just not as perfect as a TLR fender would be.
Only if you make brackets to adapt the double mounting holes of the newer GSXR fender to the single mounting hole of the TLR fork.

·
Premium Member
3,061 Posts
I am trying to match 02 SV blue.

So does anyone know what will bolt on easily? So far:
TLR
TLS
SRAD
Busa?
Newer GSXR?
ac
according to colorrite the 02 blue is the same as the 04 and 05 SV blue AND 2001 TLS blue. I happen to have a 2001 TLS front fender. It is scratched up and one of the mounting tabs is broken but if you're interested then pm me and I'll get some pictures.

TLS, TLR and SRAD will bolt straight up. Anything else will need to be modified a little.

·
Premium Member
3,061 Posts
Swiest, any idea if SV650 SS brake lines will work on the TLR brakes?
ac
What master cylinder are you using? The lines should work as long as it's a conventional. They might be a little long though. They might work if it's a radial master, but you are better off getting lines for whatever master you plan on running.

Are you going to use clip ons or handlebars?

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What master cylinder are you using? The lines should work as long as it's a conventional. They might be a little long though. They might work if it's a radial master, but you are better off getting lines for whatever master you plan on running.

Are you going to use clip ons or handlebars?
I will be using the complete TLR brake setup. That will be conventional MC and the 6 pot calipers (bling bling from the 90's!).

I have SS lines on my SV and a spare set of SS lines in the drawer. I guess I could just try it.

ac

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
according to colorrite the 02 blue is the same as the 04 and 05 SV blue AND 2001 TLS blue. I happen to have a 2001 TLS front fender. It is scratched up and one of the mounting tabs is broken but if you're interested then pm me and I'll get some pictures.

TLS, TLR and SRAD will bolt straight up. Anything else will need to be modified a little.
So the magic will be a 2001 TLS blue fender. I would love to buy yours, but then I would have to do body work and paint it anyways.

I saw an SRAD fender...pretty ugly! LOL I will keep searcing for black/blue TLS or TLR.
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,061 Posts
So the magic will be a 2001 TLS blue fender. I would love to buy yours, but then I would have to do body work and paint it anyways.

I saw an SRAD fender...pretty ugly! LOL I will keep searcing for black/blue TLS or TLR.
Thanks!
I hate to ruin the surprise, but the TLS (don't know for sure about the TLR, but I assume so) and SRAD fenders are almost identical.

I was going to use the TLS fender on my bike, but it doesn't fit with the 2nd gens. I think it would look better on a 1st gen.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts