Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
the 600/750 forks are better stock. the 1k's are essentially the same as the TLR's internally. only good thing about the 1k's forks are the newer 1's w/ the radial mounts and the nitride coating. if you're lookin' @ the 01-02 1k's, might as well look @ the 750's instead.

reworked they're all good.

·
Registered
87 Posts
TLR Forks are sprung better thant Gixxer Forks Stock islike .934 kg/mm. SV is around .71 kg/mm which is very similar to a stock TLS. The TLR springs can be easily put into TLS forks and with a set of stock Hyabusa spacers you get about a 15mm preload. You can do that pretty cheap and the forks/springs and such are getting cheaper as the bikes fall out of favor. I am going the TLS route. I am going to put TLR springs into the S forks and use and S lower and upper. I just need to get the bearings and I will be ready to go.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yes, according toe Racetech is is .934 kg/mm. Just right for a hard ridden SV. Most normal weighted folks would be fine with that. A stock TLS is similar to the stock SV at .740 kg/mm with the stock SV at .706 kg/mm.

I have put a lot of TLR springs in TLS forks. The simplest and slickest way to do it is with Hyabusa spacers, cause they are aluminum and exactly right for 15 mm preload on a TLS fork with a TLR spring. TLS forks are better for the SV because they are almost the same length as SV forks. So ride height isn't affected in the front unless you want it to be.

Hyabusa springs are .850 kg/mm which is interesting since it is a bigger pig than my TLR.

Finally another way to upgrade TLS forks is to add TLR valving and use 7 wt. oil.

I revalved my TLR forks with gold valves and a shim stack specified by Traxxion Dynamics and put a 1.0 kg/mm spring in it and it is sweet. My TLR weighs 460 wet, so I figure since SV's are around 400 wet the .934 will be ok. I run a Penske rear shock on the TLR. I have an 03 636 rear shock to try on the SV.

Hope I answered your question.

·
Registered
57 Posts
go away doug..get back the planet. haha. i have tls forks with racetech springs on my 01 sv. they feel great. not very hard with zoran's bearing

·
Registered
737 Posts
TLRDoug - You are my hero. Thanks for answering in more detail than I expected. 8)

One more question - How much shorter are the TLR forks compared to the TLS forks?

·
Registered
737 Posts
BTW, if the TLR is sprung better for a heavier rider, why are the GSXR forks still considered better?

Oh, and free bump, because I want answers. :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Maritan said:
TLRDoug - You are my hero. Thanks for answering in more detail than I expected. 8)

One more question - How much shorter are the TLR forks compared to the TLS forks?
15.875 mm

·
Registered
57 Posts
Maritan said:
BTW, if the TLR is sprung better for a heavier rider, why are the GSXR forks still considered better?

Oh, and free bump, because I want answers. :)
not always considered better. maybe just because they are showa and the tlr's are kayaba. either one would be awesome if they were reworked.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Exactly SRAD's are Showa, considered better (they are) however the TL forks are a good solid fork and there are lots of aftermarket pieces for them. And they are easy to come by.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts