Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a pair of mufflers from a 1998 TL 1000 fit a SV 1000?? They sure look the same and there are some available on EBay. I just wondered if anyone has tried it.

Thanks

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yes the TLS and the SV1S have the same bolt pattern I have had both bikes and both exhaust cans. I have put them on the other stock bolt patterns.

You just have to make sure the bolts come with the cans, or you have to know that you have to get them. Some cans come with the studs in the cans and then you just put the "acorn" nuts on the studs, like the OEM cans. Others come with bolts that bolt into the can.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I recently got some Wileyco TL1000S mufflers on ebay for my '05 1KS.  The cans won't fit on the flanges without the alumunum spacers included with the parts kit.  The hanger clamps don't fit exactly like they should, either...they're about 3/4" too short to fit properly on the inside of the pipe hanger bracket.  I had to do some bending to get them to fit on the outside of the hanger.  They look fine to me, especially for $175. 8)

One other thing...the Wileyco TL cans are about 2" shorter than stock and don't stick out beyond the rear wheel.  Yes, they are LOUD! ;D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts