Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After about 7000 miles my rear Dunlop 207 needs replaced. The front looks like it has some life left. Do most of you replace both at the same time? A couple places I've called are suggesting the 208 for a newer tread pattern. Still ok to just replace the rear or should I get 208's front and back?

The daily commute is eating the 207's up... :'(

·
Registered
21 Posts
Unless you are changing to a different tire there's no need if the front is in good shape. I usually go through 2 rears to each front. If you're getting 7K out of a rear that's pretty good. I get about 3K out of a rear diablo. A 207/208 combo would probably be ok if the profiles didn't change that much between the older and new version of the tire.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Kzin said:
Unless you are changing to a different tire there's no need if the front is in good shape. I usually go through 2 rears to each front. If you're getting 7K out of a rear that's pretty good. I get about 3K out of a rear diablo. A 207/208 combo would probably be ok if the profiles didn't change that much between the older and new version of the tire.
3K! :-[ I don't know about your source of income but changing tires every 3-5k is waste of money.Why not buy sport touring tires like BT10 and get over 10k.BT10 are stickier then stock and I pushed the stock pretty hard on corners and never crashed. Maybe I am just getting older and wiser.Save your hard earned money for mods that are necessary.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
if you're a commuter and front tire is still okay, keep it until it wears out. if you do a lot of fast backroads riding or trackdays, replaced front and rear at the same time.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I tried some ST tires once. Didn't really like the tires. I thought of trying Pilot Roads once, but after spooning on a set of Diablos, I am sold on the tire. I love em. I'm used to 3K though. My ZX6 went through rear's pretty fast. I believe it has more to do with my throttle hand than it does the tire. I've always worn them out quick. Even riding back roads to work the middle get's worn way before the tire should be done. I usually ride em til belt shows through in a smal patch then switch. I can afford it, so I prefer to stick with better rubber.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wonderjosh said:
if you're a commuter and front tire is still okay, keep it until it wears out. if you do a lot of fast backroads riding or trackdays, replaced front and rear at the same time.
I used to do more backroad twisties, about 50/50. Now the commute is about 80/20. I put more miles on now, just not as many 'fun' miles. Thanks for the input fellas!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts