Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it's almost time for new tires.. the ones on my bike now are metzler Z6 Road.. great life.. but there warm up time is slow and when I had them on the track.. well left something to be desired.

So I was looking at the power pures. but I'm looking for suggestions b4 I say go..

Most of my riding to road.. I plan to make 3-4 track days a season, I do not commute on this bike.. when I ride it's for fun and I put my knee on the ground every chance I get, so I'm looking for something that can keep me rubber side down when I'm leaned over.

Thoughts?
Ps. I'm in Canada spring and fall are cold! so I'm thinking I need something that warms up quick or it may never warm up at all!
PPS. I can get the pures for $300+tax installed.. =$340 all in.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm a big fan. I'm in Michigan, so it's not exactly as cold but they've stayed stuck on the ground through the seasons. My SV is now a track bike only, so they've provided some fantastic riding there too.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reading more.. i had nocked the B016 off the list because I read it had poor cold weather performance.. but now I read on the Battlax S20 "imporoved cold weather performance", " overall performance enhancement over the 016.. so now I'm tossed again...
anyone have anything to say about the S20's?

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
it's almost time for new tires.. the ones on my bike now are metzler Z6 Road.. great life.. but there warm up time is slow and when I had them on the track..

Thoughts?
Ps. I'm in Canada spring and fall are cold! so I'm thinking I need something that warms up quick or it may never warm up at all!
Don't know about the pure or the s20 but the pilot power 2ct makes a pretty good cold weather tire. I've run track days with an outside temperature in the 30s on the pilot powers. There were no issues running an intermediate pace after a single warmup lap. If I remember right the only thing I did was drop the cold PSI by 2lbs.

Just throwing it out there as another option that works.

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
Have you considered the Q2s?

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
what group are you riding in track days? beginner, intermediate or advanced? The Pures should be better than the Power 2CTs. If you're fast intermediate you should run DOT racing tires for track days. Tires are your link to the track surface, don't get cheap or you might end up sliding on the pavement

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I'm a big fan of the Pures. I have them on both of our SV's

·
Registered
233 Posts
Aren't there 2 versions of the Pures? The true race version can only be bought by a trackside vendor I think and they are around $400 a set. That's why I think you're getting a good deal on them. They aren't the race version. Can anyone confirm?

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Aren't there 2 versions of the Pures? The true race version can only be bought by a trackside vendor I think and they are around $400 a set. That's why I think you're getting a good deal on them. They aren't the race version. Can anyone confirm?
there is not a race Pure, the Michelin race tire is the One, but you can get them in stores/interwebz

http://www.michelinpowerpure.com/en/

·
Registered
233 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I still think it comes down to the Power pure or the S20.. but I'm still mixed.. sportrider is supposed to be doing another tire shootout in an upcoming issues.. so I'm hopping the two tires make the list!

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
The Michelin race tire is now the Power Cup. The Power One Race is no longer produced but it's still around. It's a great tire.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I asked about the cup, he had them in stock.. mo-money.. a fair amount and he said they are a track tire, to put them on and ride street didn't make much sense to him.. said they would be done after 2-3 thousand.

So I went with the pures! there mounted to rims just need to pop them back on the bike now!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts