Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cycle Gear stores sell tires for close to internet prices (almost a wash with shipping) and will mount and balance to your unmounted wheels for ~$11. They have stores throughout the south, south west and west.

[url]http://www.cyclegear.com/index.cfm[/url]

I've been doing my own, but for $11 it's hardly worth the trouble.

Anyway, FYI...

:)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Wow :eek: I had no idea the M&B was that cheap. I still do my own, but for those who don't and live near a CG store thats great.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
they also will mount anytire they didn't sell you for approx $28 too. BTW the 160/60-17 Z6 runs $122 in Florida. ;)

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
cycle gear is pretty good. for example, take a pilot power 120/60/17
$111.99 tire price
+ 9.24 tax
+ 11.00 install
----------------
$132.23

$106.45 tire price plus shipping
+ 27.00 install
------------------
$133.45

sooner or later, if you buy enough stuff from them, you can get discounts.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess I'll have to wait untill they hit Va, swmototires.com will have to do for now ;D

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I duuno, I dont think those prices are all that great. I can get a Pilot Power front brand new off of Ebay for $99 plus free shipping and my dealer will mount it for $10 if I bring in just the rim. That's $109. A lot better than $133.

And the set of tires I have now, I got from www.swmototires for $215 shipped and $22 installed at my dealer.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Novadesigns said:
I duuno, I dont think those prices are all that great. I can get a Pilot Power front brand new off of Ebay for $99 plus free shipping and my dealer will mount it for $10 if I bring in just the rim. That's $109. A lot better than $133.

And the set of tires I have now, I got from www.swmototires for $215 shipped and $22 installed at my dealer.
Well I guess you are lucky then, cause all the places I go with a wheel and tire want $20-30.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Novadesigns said:

What dealer??

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Cycle Gear also gives a 10% discount to Public Safety Officers. So all of us Firemen and Cops can save on big ticket items a bit. ...tires, leathers, helmets etc...

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
{PMS}fishy said:
Well I guess you are lucky then, cause all the places I go with a wheel and tire want $20-30.

Same here. That's per tire. Freakin' crooks.... :mad:

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Drift said:
Cycle Gear also gives a 10% discount to Public Safety Officers. So all of us Firemen and Cops can save on big ticket items a bit. ...tires, leathers, helmets etc...
I think they give a military discount too.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Well I stopped by the local CG store and priced three 160/60-17 tires so let's see who has the best deal on tires going right now.

Cycle Gear Tire price / plus tax 6.5% / $11 mounting fee

BT014 - $118.99 / $126.72 / $137.72
Z6 Roadtec - $122.99 / $130.98 / $141.98
Pilot Power - $137.99 / 146.95 / $157.95

SWmototires prices / + $14.99 shipping for single tire / $20 mounting fee (cheapest for me)

BT014 - $106.99 / $121.98 / $141.98
Z6 Roadtec - $111.99 / $126.98 / $146.98
Pilot Power - $122.99 / $137.99 / $157.99

Okay so what have we learned today?? Well nothing I guess?? So buy your bike tires from whom ever you see fit. However the fact that I can get a tire replaced today at the local CG instead of ordering and waiting a week to get the tires gives them the edge since there isn't much difference in price.

·
Registered
177 Posts
yeah, it's nice to get em locally and easy to get installed, but I'd rather be taking my wheels and brakes on and off myself. Then again the Zook dealer I had do my last front tire (for $20) put the thing on backwards... then tried to tell me he didn't until I made him come point to the mounting arrow with me :p Good heads up. I get Cycle Gear's weekly promotion emails and they're really cheap.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Can't you get that motoguard roadtire protection from them? i have it through my dealer and its already paid for one rear tire.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Wow... you guys are getting some great prices on install. Of course, I never buy tires locally since nobody is anywhere near what you can get online. Best price I've found is a Ducati shop... $35 per tire. Everyone else is closer to $50 each and thats even if you buy the damn tire at their shop !! ::)

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
lkm said:
Can't you get that motoguard roadtire protection from them?  i have it through my dealer and its already paid for one rear tire.
Good call! They do have a road hazard warranty available for extra cost. I don't know how much, but considering how motorcycle tires seem to attract roofing nails etc it could be a good thing.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
lkm said:
Can't you get that motoguard roadtire protection from them? i have it through my dealer and its already paid for one rear tire.
Yeah not sure of the cost but you get full replacement with in the first 25% of tread. After that you get a prorated amount towards another tire. I'm sure that prorate chart is pretty steep from 25% tread to 50% tread value.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts