Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I've noticed 2 days ago that my tire is done, see the pic attached

The tire lasted around 14000Km, I've already ordered a new one however by the time its here it will take around 5 days, can i still run the bike like this? till i get the new tire?

Thank You

Alex

·
Registered
444 Posts
Not if you are in the Pothole capitol of the world. Oh wait you are.

Too easy to blow up, your into the belt that holds them together.

·
Registered
184 Posts
eek.. your running on cord.. so here's what will happen.. the cords will wear out and brake at this point the rubber underneath being slightly thicker then an inner tube will start to bulge and more likely pop quick.. so can you ride like this.. SURE.. should you ride like this.. taking a risk for sure.
if you must ride like this!
drop your pressure put more of the good rubber on the ground.. check the cords every chance you get and if you see a bulge. get off and push it.. your day is over!

last comment- if you feel a wobble.. it's a bulge!! get off and push..

good luck

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
Just for fun you should saw the tire in half so you can see the cross section and I'll bet you change your next one a LOT sooner. Most tires have about a credit card worth of material left when you get to that stage and anything poking it can pretty easily get through it. If the zombies were coming, and that was my only way out...I'd ride. But, otherwise it would have been changed long, long ago.

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
Just for fun you should saw the tire in half so you can see the cross section and I'll bet you change your next one a LOT sooner. Most tires have about a credit card worth of material left when you get to that stage and anything poking it can pretty easily get through it. If the zombies were coming, and that was my only way out...I'd ride. But, otherwise it would have been changed long, long ago.
Well said! :eek:ccasion14:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts