Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '02 SVS is in desperate need of a rear tire. What size and brand do you recommend. I'd like the widest possible wheel.

Don't hate me, I'm new round these parts. :-\
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
359 Posts
160/60 -17

As for tires... What kind of riding are we talking?
What kind of life do you want out of them?
 
A

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
iv got a 180-55-17 on the back of mine, dunno what that is in relation to stock.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,691 Posts
160/60-17.............160/60-17............160/60-17..............160/60-17

And for the brand I'd suggest the Metzeler Z6 for great all around grip and long mileage life (7k+) or Michy Pilot Powers for more aggressive riding with lower tire life (-5K).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,399 Posts
Nexus242 said:
160/60-17.............160/60-17............160/60-17..............160/60-17

And for the brand I'd suggest the Metzeler Z6 for great all around grip and long mileage life (7k+) or Michy Pilot Powers for more aggressive riding with lower tire life (-5K).
word. 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wonderjosh said:
word.  8)
I'm a newbie but I want something that will stick. Thanks for the bold tire size recommendations! ;D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,691 Posts
Well one day Fatass or the other mods will make a sticky thread about the correct tire size one should have for their SV and a brief write up on the pros and cons of some of the better tire choice out on the market today.

One day that will happen, yeah I'm sure it will happen. Okay I'm just hoping it will happen but you've got to have hope right???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,152 Posts
Where did you get your avatar?? I know the guy who made that on another board.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,973 Posts
Nexus242 said:
Well one day Fatass or the other mods will make a sticky thread about the correct tire size one should have for their SV and a brief write up on the pros and cons of some of the better tire choice out on the market today.


I think we're ready for that sticky right now, judging by the many similar tire related threads recently. IIRC it took Avid a good couple weeks of lobbying for the oil thread to get stickied, and it seems to have worked very well. We don't nearly as many oil questions since that sticky was initiated...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,152 Posts
Jared McDonley said:
How about a RTFM sticky!??!!?
RTFM......nice ;D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,691 Posts
Six Chin Skinny said:
I think we're ready for that sticky right now, judging by the many similar tire related threads recently. IIRC it took Avid a good couple weeks of lobbying for the oil thread to get stickied, and it seems to have worked very well. We don't nearly as many oil questions since that sticky was initiated...
Yeah it just keeps coming up with every NOOB that signs up. I want a 180 or 190 tires cause my 160 looks to girly. And which tire should I get and how long will they last. It's starting to get old.
 
N

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Yeah, but if we all RTFM and followed it what fun would that be?

Ya can't really get P.O.'ed at the guy for asking the question -God knows, he's not the first, and surely won't be the last. I'm sure he didn't know how many times (...per day!) this question is asked and answered.

:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,399 Posts
-yz- said:
I'm a newbie but I want something that will stick.  Thanks for the bold tire size recommendations! ;D
if you want a bigger tire you need a bigger wheel. :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nexus242 said:
Yeah it just keeps coming up with every NOOB that signs up.  I want a 180 or 190 tires cause my 160 looks to girly.  And which tire should I get and how long will they last.  It's starting to get old.
Never said it looks gay, nor did I say I wanted a bigger tire. Just looking for a reccomendation. jesus.
got the avatar from vwvortex.com
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
Stock rim, stick with a 160. However a 170 will fit. Just gets pinched and alters the profile on the tire from what the manufacturer intended.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,691 Posts
-yz- said:
Never said it looks gay, nor did I say I wanted a bigger tire. Just looking for a reccomendation. jesus.
well you asked what size tire you should get, as if it's not on the chain guard nor listed in your MOM. And don't feel so picked on my rant along with the others is just because you are asking the same question that appears 1-2 times a week and the answer should be by now a sticky thread at the top of the page so you don't have to search nor will have to post the same question that someone else did last week. Now ask a really important question like which oil you should use in your bike.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
359 Posts
Nexus242 said:
Now ask a really important question like which oil you should use in your bike. 
HEhe i like that one! I think I am going to take a pic of the fill cover (says it all right there) and have the mods sticky that!
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top