Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Searched the forums on tires...good golly, tons of info.

I'm looking to purchase a new rear tire for my 99SV. From what I've gathered the following info is a good choice. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Rear tire: 160/60/17
Brand: Continental Road Attacks
Online Vendor: SW Moto Tires
Link to the tire

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
The size is right and the company is right. Choice of tire is up to you. Road Attacks are good from what I have heard but I've never used them. Diablo Corsas are good from what I've heard too but again, I've never used them. I have always used Michelin Pilot Powers and I love them. Ultimately the decision is yours.

·
Registered
905 Posts
FYI: SWMototires offers free shipping when you buy a set of tires; good incentive to purchase both front and rear as a set and hang onto your existing (usable) front as a back-up.

Also preferable in general to stick with the same tires front and back, although many (myself included in a pinch) have mixed tires of different make/style/compound with no ill results.

[Edit: see this thread for info on better price on Road Attacks: http://forum.svrider.com/showthread.php?t=95230 ]

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
If you are mixing tires make sure your front tire is the stickier of the two. Don't run a stickier rear because it can lead to your front washing out while your rear keeps gripping.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Sportbiketrackgear.com has the same deal as SWmoto on free shipping. Thier prices are about the same. Sometimes one place will have tires in stock that the other place doesn't.

Dan

______

1 - 7 of 7 Posts