1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got tires diffrent than stock,
rear is a Dunlop Sportmax D208 160/60zr17
front is a Bridgestone Battlax BT010 120/60ZR17
what i wonder is do y'all suggest going with the sidewall pressure of 40something psi or the pressure on the swingarm plate of 30 something, or how do i know what pressure i should run??

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Run the 010's with a higher pressure (36 to 40psi) otherwise you'll start to cup. The rear, run 36 to 40 also to get the most life out of it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yeah, start with whatever it says for the bike (although technically those are for the OEM tires). The pressure on the sidewall is MAX, don't use that.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
start to cup??

explain please?

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Re: start to cup??

mareokuma said:
explain please?
The 010's are known to "cup" or the tread doesn't wear evenly. What happens is the tread has high spot followed by low spot.... and that happens all the way around the tire. I occurs right at the point of the grooves. It leads to funky handling and happens a lot sooner when running lower air pressures. I went through two 010 fronts, the first in 4000 miles because I thought I was cool and ran 30 psi all the time. Next tire I ran 40 and got 6000 out of it. Not much more but good for the roads I rode.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What'll 42 cause?

That's what i've run 300miles on, for lack of better knowledge, cause when i got it there was 32f30r. didn't seem like enough. gonna go down to 38 ebfore i ride again, see if i can feel a diffrence. question i have is what'll havint htem at 42psi do?

·
Registered
19 Posts
At 42 you won't have optimum traction. MAy make the ride feel harsh too.

·
Registered
381 Posts
tire pressure

I've found that for aggressive ridng-use 32 front and 34 rear-thats what i used on my 208's-010-020's-014's-everything

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good tires for the next set

What'd be something nice for the next set to go on. want something that'll stay down, but don't really need to be super sticky and wear out quick either. I'm cheap :D want something that is the best of all worlds.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
The Metzeler Z6 is what you're looking for.

U

·
0 Posts
aother couple of choices dpending on how you ride there is the maxxis supermaxx its a harder compound tire that last a good while and still gives great traction for playin around still corneres pretty well. Im getting a set of shinkos and gonna see how they work. As far as price you can get a set of maxxis supermaxx from http://www.motoxoutlet.com/ or try discount motorcycle tire http://www.dmtaonline.com both of then have a good selection of tires and diffrent prices. All depends on the rider.

·
Registered
16 Posts
NOsquid said:
The Metzeler Z6 is what you're looking for.
I'll second that.. I love my Z6's.. I've got about 4k on them and it doesn't even look like they have been used other than the lack of chicken strips :twisted:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts