Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a timing mod that uses a jumper in some switch. I searched and couldn't find anything. any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
21 Posts
"And if you're thinking about doing this on a 2nd gen, read this"

I have done it with a DL650 (K7), no problems so far. I have no sheets with the original ignition timing, but I bet it's same as for SV650 2. Gen.
Performance has increased, but this isn't the only mod so I don't know how much the +4° key is worth in "stand alone".

Edit: argh, forgot to mention that the lowest fuel grade in europe is 95 octane, so maybe it will not work well with the low grades that are used in US (87 octane?)?

S

·
0 Posts
That's interesting. They say the DL650 and the SV650 share the same engine, but the DL is tuned for more mid-range power. I assume the ignition timing is one this that might be different to achieve this. I'd be curious to know if anyone has successfully done this with the 2nd gen SV engine.

It's worth noting that the octane rating system used in North American is different from that used in other parts of the world. Your 95 octane is about the same as our 91. Something to do with RON system used in Europe, while USA & Canada take an average of the RON + MON systems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts