Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tie bars dog bones question

Ok I know this one has been done to death but I keep getting e-mail asking if I make them for the 650 ranges. And it seems daft of me not to offer this service as I already make them for the new SV1000 and they will be easy to make using the same jigs and cutting process. Question is what do you want or which way do most of you guys go up or down and by how much? Also someone here maybe able to answer this one are they the same on both generation bikes i.e. the 1999 bike that started this and the new shape SV650 Mine have a dogleg in them to fit around the lower part of the shock but the 650s don?t need this so I could get them done a little cheaper.
If someone is already covering this here I have no wish to step on their toes but I do have to keep replying to lots of e-mails regarding this one.

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
No dog leg required on the SVs. First and second generation do have different stock lengths. Folks go both up and down. Up for racers and taller folks, down for shorter riders trying to lower the ride height.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok I have had a look at the early model and the standard bones are 105mm between each bolt just need to work out the ratio to find out how much bigger or smaller I need to go to get the ride hights you need.

T

·
0 Posts
chewy22 said:
Also someone here maybe able to answer this one are they the same on both generation bikes i.e. the 1999 bike that started this and the new shape SV650

If someone is already covering this here I have no wish to step on their toes but I do have to keep replying to lots of e-mails regarding this one.
they are not same.
it is free country,you make them and sell if you feel like.cheaper the better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts