Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi y'all

Few things I have trouble figuring out. In all the swap guides I can never find what kind of brake lines to use if keeping stock M/C (or anything at all about brake lines for that matter). I'm about to swap out with an '06 sevenfidy front and I'm wondering whether to order stainles lines for a 750 or an SV and will it fit the stock M/C at one end and the new radials at the other?

Also the dust guard and those little collars below the top triple: reusable or must get new ones for a 750? And what is the best way to remove and reinstall those?

Also who let the dogs out? who? who?

Thanx

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Also the dust guard and those little collars below the top triple: reusable or must get new ones for a 750? And what is the best way to remove and reinstall those?

Thanx
The dust seal and "collars" can be reused. If the dust seals looks worn or cracked, replace them. Those collars are called steering stem nuts or steering head nuts. You could buy a tool to remove them for $75 from KomotoDraggin or make one like in this thread. Another, albeit not quite as correct method, is to use a hammer and screwdriver to bang it off or some large channel locks to grab them.

No idea about the brake lines. Sorry.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx boss, I thought about grinding down the rear suspension adjusting spanner that came in the tool bag but if all it takes is a screwdriver and an Irish screwdriver :) then so be it.

By the way I am overcome with emotion because of the overwhelming response. Holy poop, no one knows anything about brake lines?

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
On my 1st gen I had to get a GSXR dust cover as the SV one doesnt fit. I can only confirm for 1st gen.
One thing that might help is if you tell us what year/gen SV you have. I can only guess as your profile says "sv650s" and that doesnt narrow it down enough.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh 7

It's cool I'll figure it out eventually.

By the way, some absolutely stunning motorcycles on these pages! Thanx to all the peeps who take the time to document their mods it is a great help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.