Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I know.. stupid. No M endorsement and speeding 77/55. So I'm guessing I can just go take the test and get the M before my court date. Maybe they'll let me off the hook for getting it done quickly. I'm pretty sure someone else has posted on this but I believe as long as you get it taken care of and show proof of M license you're ok. For the speeding I'll take defensive driving. Havent had a speeding ticket in 5+ years.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
You didn't have a permit either I take it?? And if you didn't I don't think the judge is gonna give you anything except the cost of the ticket plus court fees. You really don't have an argument to stand on in this case and short of the cop not showing up in court, you won't beat this.

:)

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
I'm really glad you're not looking for sympathy. I would do what I could to get the license prior to the court date and just pray the judge is feeling lenient. You effed up, you realize it, be prepared for the worst and hope for the best.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I think in CA your M endorsement would be delayed by a year. I'm sure that's how it works if you get a ticket while riding with a permit, and I don't see why it'd be different in this case.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think in CA your M endorsement would be delayed by a year. I'm sure that's how it works if you get a ticket while riding with a permit, and I don't see why it'd be different in this case.
That's CA. We're talkin about America here. lol . Seriously though, I'll go get my M, show it to the judge and hopefully be done with it. If the copy doesn't show then that's a bonus...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Your actually lucky. Here in Washington they just passed a new law. No endorsement, automatic impounding of the bike. I've known two guys that got their bikes impounded. And don't even get me started on how tow companies handle bikes.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Your actually lucky. Here in Washington they just passed a new law. No endorsement, automatic impounding of the bike. I've known two guys that got their bikes impounded. And don't even get me started on how tow companies handle bikes.
Wow that's crazy. Yeah I guess it could have been a lot worse. The cop was mostly discussing the speeding, once he ran my info and it came back clear he just came back and said "make sure you go get your motorcycle endorsement". ..Which I will do before my court date. It's just too easy to speed. I need to watch myself out where we ride, the cops have been all over that area lately. Looks like I'll be doing a lot more cruising around and a lot less hauling ass. Good thing he didn't catch us when we were really hauling ass. ;D

·
Registered
193 Posts
I'm pretty sure someone else has posted on this but I believe as long as you get it taken care of and show proof of M license you're ok.
That's my understanding of how it works in WV. I rode to the DMV to get my endorsement. The look of the lady when I asked for a motorcycle license while wearing my gear was priceless. She didn't say a word, just did a double take and handed me the form. 10 minutes later I was no longer "ridin' dirty."

Later,
Chrome...

·
Premium Member
3,662 Posts
wow... smart guy... not only have you got no license you are speeding too..

how did you get insurance on it without having a license? Oh wait.. let me guess you were riding with no insurance too...

nice.... well you asked for it...

here you'd have a hell of a fine for no insurance and no lisence and an unregistered vehicle

how hard is it to take a test and get your license anyway...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As my original post states I got busted for speeding, and no M endorsement. I have insurance and registration.

·
Premium Member
3,662 Posts
Ok.. so they let you register and insure a bike where you live even if you don't have a licence... ok.... at least you are not a total d!ckweed....

still how hard is it to get take the test and get your license...

Anyway... what are you looking for by posting this... for us to agree you were stupid by not getting your licence to ride and then by speeding...

OK.. I agree.. pretty stupid move.... is that good enough for ya?

·
Registered
119 Posts
hey zokambaa chill out man no reason to be mean about it, you realize you put "..." in your last post like 11 times

·
Premium Member
3,662 Posts
hey zokambaa chill out man no reason to be mean about it, you realize you put "..." in your last post like 11 times

yup... but it was only 4 times... if you notice.. some were ".. " and some were "...." and... you know.... I'll probably put even more in my next post... why... is it a problem for you?

anyway, as far as being mean goes... what do you expect... someone makes a stupid statement... are we supposed to praise them for their stupidity?

What's next... we're supposed to feel bad for some dumba$$ who admits to driving drunk and speeding but when the cop stops them, the cop couldn't smell it on them so they got away with just a speeding ticket instead?

·
Registered
119 Posts
no but people make mistakes and telling them how much theyre an idiot or retarded for doing it isnt going to help, its just going to bring them down, he made a mistake we know it was a bad idea but i think he knows that now.

·
Premium Member
2,108 Posts
Might be a good idea to take that MSF course you "never got around to doing" as well.

No endorsement, no MSF class, smirkingly admits to "really hauling ass"...sorry to say this, but statistically you are pretty good picture of a motorcycle fatality. Get high and ride occasionally as well?

Just checked a few of your other posts...add to the above that you have had your first bike since June 2008, you like to loft the front wheel and have had it up to 135 MPH indicated....good luck.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Might be a good idea to take that MSF course you "never got around to doing" as well.

No endorsement, no MSF class, smirkingly admits to "really hauling ass"...sorry to say this, but statistically you are pretty good picture of a motorcycle fatality. Get high and ride occasionally as well?

Just checked a few of your other posts...add to the above that you have had your first bike since June 2008, you like to loft the front wheel and have had it up to 135 MPH indicated....good luck.

ok mom :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
That's CA. We're talkin about America here. lol .
On that note, maybe you'll want to come out to CA. We've already cut $13 billion on college education and we're looking to legalize and tax marijuana. You can come get high and ride with all the kids that would've been in college if our state didn't screw things up.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts