Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I recently installed an r6 throttle tube on the SV and so far I'm loving it. I may be taking some long trips this coming summer and was thinking of getting the throttlemeister bar ends to make them more comfortable but I was curious... would the r6 tube change anything? I'm not 100% how the throttlemeister functions so I just wanted to find someone who has bought a pair and also has an r6 tube to confirm everything would still work properly.

Also, which kind of throttlemeisters resemble the stock bar-end weight - normal or heavy?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
29 Posts
The r6 tube is a bit shorter than the stock tube which makes it kinda tough to deal with. The throttlemeister works by turning the bar-end and it extends a "piston" into the side of small 1" sleeve that slips in between the tube and the grip. With the r6 tub being shorter, the sleeve piece didn't work right. I quickly fixed it by cutting off a small piece of the stock throttle tube (1/2"?) and putting that on after the r6 tube.

Now the sleeve presses on the slice of stock tube which presses on the r6 tube to stop it. It took like 5 minutes with a hacksaw and a file to cut it to a proper length.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts