Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What options are there for replacing the stock throttle tube on a K7N? I tried to put some aftermarket grips on, but ran into an issue with the inner ridges meant for the OEM grip.

I tried the Motion Pro replacement (part# 01-1045), but it had the ridges as well.

I know the R6 tube is an option, but I'm a relatively new rider (< 2 years) and don't really want a faster throttle.

Are there any aftermarket options out there that both:
  1. Don't have the ridges for the OEM grips?
  2. Don't quicken the throttle?

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
What was your issue with the ridges? Couldn't slide the grip on over them?

The trick I used was to use an air compressor and nozzle to blow air under the grip. Some people will use hair spray, which works initially as a lubricant and then as an adhesive.

Or, do you mean the ridges right at the inner end near the control housing?

I just kind of half stretched the replacement grip over those ridges and smooshed the grip up as tight as possible against it. You can't see it anymore once the grip is on.

I use Pro Grip 724 dual density road grips right now.

·
Registered
304 Posts
You cut the ridges off with a razor knife. Takes 5 minutes then you can run any grips you want. Side note on the R6 tube... It is a good upgrade and you should not be scared of it.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I put on a R6 tube, $11 Ebay .... All I can say, you will notice a difference. I have an old post with pic of the before and after in the forum. I have the stock grips on, fit fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts