Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently changed oil, oil filter, spark plugs.

Plan to do carb synch, jet change.

My concern is when im riding the bike, and i give it just enough gas to keep it going but not enough to accelerate, the bike begins to jerk, like its accelerating, and then backing off, and then accelerating.

at first i thought i was in high of a gear, so i tried this out in first, same thing, second, same thing. It's like its hesitating or just cannot provide a steady flow.

-Thanks

·
Registered
367 Posts
Probably something not right in your carbs. Any reason why you are wanting to re-jet? Did you de-snorkel the air filter, raise the tank or put on a different exhaust? If not, I'd just tear them down completely,clean them out thoroughly, and replace all the gaskets/o-rings/diaphragms. Then sync and adjust the pilot screw.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i'm rejetting because of the aftermarket two bros slip on that was on the bike when i got it.

I'm going to finish the first tank of seafoam, then run another tank of heet, and then another tank of carb cleaner.

If issues continue or enough time/miles pass i'll go ahead and rejet the carbs while im synching them.

just did not know why the bike jerks.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Just a thought, you might want to test your throttle position sensor while you are in there and make sure it is adjusted according to the service manual.

·
Registered
367 Posts
How hard compared to a carb synch would a TBS check/alignment be?
Its in the service manual. For the carb models, I think you just test the electrical resistance or something. Not hard really, as long as you have a multi-meter. With the FI models, the TPS is more involved.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts