Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any throttle locks out there that can be used on the SV? I have a 2000 SV650 and had tried to buy a throttle lock for it but when I tried to put it on it wouldn't fit right because of the plastic piece under the grip.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
I use a catarpillar O-ring, park it on the bar end, roll it to the edge of the throttlle with your thumb,

don't ask the part # I'd have to learn how to search

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RandyO, thanks for the suggestion but I'm having a hard time picturing what kind of setup you're talking about. You wouldn't happen to have a picture of it somewhere would you?

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Which throttle lock didn't fit? The NEP unit doesn't look as nice as the Vista Cruise, but fits more applications. I tried both on my Bandit (same switch gear as the SV) but I couldn't get the the Vista Cruise to both hold and fully release.

;)

·
Registered
101 Posts
i've got the universal vista cruise on my 2002 and it works perfectly.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I ordered a Throttle meister and have heard only good things about it. I got the wrong pieces the first time then the second time I thought that I had to hammer the piece in that goes in the bar but that was wrong, but there service was really great they came to my local dealer and tried to repair it when that didnt work I took it to there shop and they got it out and fitted me up and I am going to try it tonight but it looks like a really slick working piece. They even told me if the piece wasnt going to come out they would pay for a new bar for the bike and get it on and running right they did all of this in the course of 24 hours, not many service places would do that for you and I really commend there people there they are good employees.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey thanks for all the input guys, I think I'll just try the rubber O ring trick for now. Thanks again.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I want a throttle meister for my bike, but don't have the money. THey look pretty slick

1 - 11 of 11 Posts