Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know the part number for the throttle housing on a 2000 SV650? When I was removing mine to replace the handlebars I noticed the little plastic "tab" that helps hold the housing in position on the bar is broken. It's not too sturdy, so I probably broke it myself. Couldn't find it at Oneida Suzuki using the usual searches.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
I think...although I could be wrong...that he wants the switches on the right side. If this is the case those will be $$$ from Suzuki. I would either wait and find some on Ebay, or just wrap some electrical tape around the bar and then install. It will make the bar a little bigger and make the switch housing clamp on tighter.
ac

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
avc8130 said:
I think...although I could be wrong...that he wants the switches on the right side.  If this is the case those will be $$$ from Suzuki.  I would either wait and find some on Ebay, or just wrap some electrical tape around the bar and then install.  It will make the bar a little bigger and make the switch housing clamp on tighter.
ac
That's it. I kinda like the electrical tape idea. I might also try to drill a hole and epoxy in a small dowel where the tab was. Sure would have made more sense for that part to be made of metal - it's just way too weak.

Do you know what that part is called though? Throttle housing? Switch housing?

N

·
0 Posts
DerbyBlue said:
"That's it.  I kinda like the electrical tape idea.  I might also try to drill a hole and epoxy in a small dowel where the tab was..."
The tape works, but you might use aluminum faced foil tape (flashing tape) instead of electrical tape. Electrical tape gets gummy and messy after a while. I replaced the pin with an aluminum pin. I made the pin, but you could just use an appropriately sized roll pin. I think the pin is 3 mm dia.

:)

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
avc8130 said:
From Ron Ayers:
Part Number:  37200-27E31 
Description:  SWITCH ASSY,HANDLE 
Price:  $65.93 
Source:  SUZUKI 
Yup, that's it. Wow, $67 bucks is impressive. For that kinda money, I'll either use the tape or try to make my own pin. Aluminum tape does sound better.

Thanks guys

N

·
0 Posts
Pin or tape is the easy way out, no doubt, but Suzuki uses this assembly on several (all? I'm not sure) other models so you may also be able to pick one up used.

:)

T

·
0 Posts
self sticking send paper works great.
or you can use utility knife and cut few lines perpedicular to bar where housing clamps.

·
Registered
480 Posts
find one on ebay.  most of the gsxr switch pods will work as well.  you can tell by the pic.  that's what i did. got one for like $15.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I went out and found something to make a pin from, but when I was cleaning up the garage I saw a little black bit in the dust pile that turned out to be the broken piece. Shot some JB Weld on it, and it seems to be stuck for life. Time will tell. Pretty amazing. Normally I could lose a cantaloupe in the garage and never see it again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts