Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read threads on installing throttle cables and seems the difficult part is attching them to the throttle bodies. I got mine attached to the bodies and wasn't that bad when following instructions from here. My problem is attaching them to the throttle tube.....can't get enough slack in the second to get it attached. Havn't found anything on the forums about this, so it must be sooo easy I feel stupid for not being able to figure it out. Can someone help me with the trick for this one? :sbmfacepalm:

·
Registered
850 Posts
Take the throttle tube off the bar's and install the cable. Then re-install the bar's. Also make sure it's routed correctly.

·
Registered
243 Posts
The last place to attach the cables is at the carbs...I've tried to attach to the throttle tube last without success as well.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm sure they are routed correctly. I tried taking the tube off the bar and still couldn't get the cable to strech enough.

Attaching the cables to the carbs first may have been why i didn't think to was too difficult.

I will try Duc's way and hope it works......thanks guys for the help!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK......I've gave it another try I am coming up about an inch short. I checked the part numbers on the cables and they are for the naked version. I have clipons, so wouldn't they be a little longer and easier than the S cables? Does it matter?
Maybe I got them backwards when putting them on, someone please correct me if i'm wrong.....cable #1 goes from the front of the tube (closest to front wheel) to the bottom on the carbs......cable #2 goes from the back of the tube (closest to the tank) to the top on the carbs?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just run one. There is a spring return.
Just run one cable? It's not out of the question that I could be missing a spring.

I'm fixing the bike after a big spill and think everything at the carbs were in tact, but not positive.......Does anyone have a good pic to post that would show me what it should look like on a 1st gen? This is my first experience with throttle cables and I'm learning as I go.

·
Registered
101 Posts
The last place to attach the cables is at the carbs...I've tried to attach to the throttle tube last without success as well.
This is a great tip. I spent an hour wrestling with them until I read this. Worked like a champ. I also had to reattach the cables with the carb assembly loose so I could maneuver it as necessary.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts