Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I was replacing throttle cables on my '06 sv650s and now that ive put it back together it will not crank. The only thing i can think of thats wrong is while i was taking off the throttle body i noticed a little nut turn under my hand which also rotated the buttlerfly valve on the intake. I attatched a picture of what im talking about. all the electrical systems seem to be working. also, when i put my finger on that nut and try to start it, it vibrates. Is it the valve being misaligned thats stopping it from starting? any advice would be great because Im supposed to leave on a weekend trip tomorrow afternoon on the bike, and i need to pack and go to work on it!!! Thanks!

please go to this link for the photo that i doctored to describe what im talking about http://s1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee510/evangmai/?action=view&current=throttlebody.jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I found out that what i turned was the secondary throttle actuator shaft. I dont think turning it should prevent starting so i am going to double check the electrical connections again

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
Hello I was replacing throttle cables on my '06 sv650s and now that ive put it back together it will not crank.
The throttle cables wouldn't prevent it from cranking. Do you mean it cranks, but won't start?

The STV cycle to reset themselves when you turn the run button on, those should be fine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what i mean to say is that the starter does not turn the engine at all now. the lights turn on, the fuel pump turns on, everything is normal except when I push the start button nothing happens except the headlight turns off like normal. I just rechecked things for the 3rd time and I cant seem to figure it out. my manual has a big section on FI trouble shooting but i didnt even mess with anything really.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was the clutch sensor which i thought was in place but needed to go in a little further. Sorry!

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
Glad to hear you found the culprit. :thumbsup:

Sent from my right shoe phone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts