Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if there is an apparel forum someplace else that I missed.

I'm impressed with my Scorpion helmet and wondering if anybody had seen, tried on or is using their apparel line?

If so what are your thoughts.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
My wife has been happy with both of her jackets. The first was crash tested and held up well. My helmet held up well. I wouldnt hesitate to buy their stuff again.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I dont like their textile jackets... I bought one online and after I tried it on i found it fit like a parachute. A medium fit my chest, but the waist only had a pull cord and it just bunched up and made me look like i was smuggling puppies (or something else lumpy)... I honestly could fit a basketball under it. Quality seemed great though!

Revzilla has an awesome return policy and customer service though... so order through them if you find a style you like.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have a scorpion helmet and a textile jacket. I'm still using the helmet when I go karting, it fits well and seemed well made to me.
I crash tested the jacket and it did it's job, protected my arm, the jacket fit me very well and looked great, I'm still bummed I messed up that jacket, although I've replaced it with a much better leather teknic jacket.

I also would buy their stuff again, it's hard to beat for the price.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have a scorpion hat trick that is nice and crash tested at about 25mph it did great. I also have their hellion textile which is pretty nice. I did buy a exo400 helmet a while back it is horrible. The helmet visor doesn't seal well and it is heavy. Granted the helmet was less than 50 dollars so it will be fine as a spare. Personally I like the scorpion stuff I have wight the exception of their gloves that Shuster fall apart. I would never pay full price though to easy to get their stuff on clearance on the web for 50 to 70 % off. I do like the sastech they usually use as armor.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Their apparel is fairly good for the price. I had one of their VenTech jackets for a while and I was perdy impressed with it (my fatass out grew it). If your a fan of their helmets as i am then you'll be just as equally impressed with their apparel.

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
I have an EXO-700 and am pretty happy with it.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I have a Scorpion EXO helmet, here is a picture of it when I got it a few weeks back, I recently added a chin curtain and a reflective blue visor for it (smoked on the insdie but reflective blue mirror on the outside):

It fits perfectly for me in a size M, I would say it runs smaller than other size M I have tried on. I also have a Joe Rocket size M helmet that is a tad big (now that everything has worn in) and I have tried on HJC helmets which I feel run too large for the sizing (meaning a size Medium is like a large, so a size Small fits like a Medium, just a tidbit if you happen to be looking at HJC helmets). This thing is snug and having ridden it for about 2 hours worth of riding its perfect fit honestly, for the most part quiet up til 50mph plus and then it has wind noise but it's not drastic and I think all helmets have wind noise anyways on the freeway. I actially like to leave the visor open sinze the sound of the SV is gorgeous and when the shield is shut I can't really hear the exhaust which is good if you want quiet freeway or long riding since the helmet does a good job of keeping out unwanted noises when the shield is shut. Keeps my head cool as well on hot days and vents well!

My wife personally hates the helmet, she just doesnt like the clown look. I thougth it was unique and different so I got it. It was on sale for $100 and then I invested $30 into the new visor and $8 for the chin curtain and I have a *****in helmet for less than $150 :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
I hated my exo-400. Used for about a year, it is pretty comfortable, but the vents are terrible, its noisy, one vent squeaks when your head is at certain angles.... quick release shield things never really worked great.

On the other hand i have a scorpion leather jacket that has held up well and seems to be well made for the $160 clearance price i paid.

·
Registered
826 Posts
ive liked everything i tried from them. not the best quality but well worth the price and doesnt disappoint

·
Registered
443 Posts
http://www.motorcyclegear.com/stree...oment_of_truth_sp_mesh_motorcycle_jacket.html

While that's not scoprion it is Speed and Strength its on closeout there for $77 and is a full mesh with removeable liner and full pads and looks cool imo with the patches. They used to have black, red, blue, silver. But now they only have blue and silver colors. I bought the blue one and its really nice and top notch for the price. $77 is hard to beat forthe quality and the removable liner included. I personally love it and its very airy on hot days with the liner out. Its notscorpion if you're going with a match to your scorpion helmet but its sweet for the price!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts