Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I put together a cafe concept/homage a little while ago and I ended up going with a textured flat black look, which I really liked.

I'm going to need to paint my sv1000s at some point (and I'll have the fairing off this weekend to finally gt my low beam issue sorted), and I'm thinking about going the same route with it as I did on the bandit build. My thoughts are to leave the frame and swinger silver, and paint anything currently blue this way. I have the blue anodized bits on the gixxer front end, so maybe I'll finish things up with levers and maybe some bolts to match those. Wheels are already black, so maybe a couple small SV stickers on the rim rather than full on rim tape.

Thoughts? I love flat black, and the textured finish looks kinda cool, and I don't see a whole lot of black faired SV's, so it wont look like everyone elses.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I may be old school but I don't personally like the textured/flat black look. I like to see a shine in my paint.

I do like that combination of colors (black and gold) on your bandit though.

·
Registered
52 Posts
IMHO the first picture was meh. Looks like everything just got spray over. But the second picture looks amazing with the anodized bits on the tank lock and seat piping. That looks awesome. That doesn't look like to aggressive of a texture, looks like less dimension than a Bedliner spray. I'm a fan.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'm gonna paint my bike pretty soon, and I keep toying with the idea of textured black. Would you post some pics of the bike from a little further away?

·
Registered
7,580 Posts
You can try black plasti-dip to see how you feel about it. Since it's not permanent, you can change your mind and go back to blue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts