Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Woodcraft clip-ons that I was trying to install. How did you guys drill the holes for the switches? Or can I shave off the pegs and just screw the switches on really tight? The latter idea may cause slippage in the switches. What did you guys do?

Thanks in advance,

grip M

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
to drill the holes you could use a punch and make the ding so the drill bit does not slip
me i just filled off the tabs. i dont think you need them
you can move the controls if you want to.
mine never move if i dont want them to.

·
Registered
270 Posts
When I bought my bike it came already moded with after market clip-ons. I pulled mine and put it back to stock. I noticed the previous owner didn't drill any holes into the bar. He just filled the plastic nubs off of the controls that would have slid into the hole. It seemed OK. It was tight where nothing was sliding around or anything.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I just drilled the holes. Took two minutes to measure, punch, drill.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
If you cut off tabs, the controls WILL slide around.

·
Registered
270 Posts
wonderjosh said:
If you cut off tabs, the controls WILL slide around.
??? Mine don't, maybe mine are on real tight. One thought if you do cut the tabs off (maybe not recommend) is use something like a little contact cement to assist holding them in place if you have a problem with movement.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the responses. I will be drilling my clip-ons tomorrow. All I need is a new drill bit and a couple of minutes.

Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
the ones I have looked to be drilled from the factory.

When the nipple busted off my left assembly, it will slide around a bit if I'm not gentle on the choke. I'd definitely drill.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mission accomplished. It only took me like 2 minutes for both. Switches really locked onto clip-ons. I highly recommend drilling.

Thanks again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts