Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to do the TPS adjustment, and it seems no place local sells the T25 tamper-proof. Online I find it at about $6 after shipping.

So rather than buy a bit for one thing, does someone have one they could drop in the mail? I think the bit would only take a stamp or two. I'd pay for your postage when I mail it back.

(Or, is the tamper-proof needed for other mods/adjustments that I should just buy one?)

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
The ignition bolts are also tamper proof, but I think they're a different size. Considering the TPS adjustment is a maintenance item, it's worthwhile to go the gusto and order one for yourself.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I bought a whole set of about 25 or so different tamper proof bits (including the T25) at Harbor Freight for about $5. They seem to be pretty good quality and have worked pretty well for me.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
The ignition bolts are also tamper proof, but I think they're a different size. Considering the TPS adjustment is a maintenance item, it's worthwhile to go the gusto and order one for yourself.
Just out of curiosity, if it is a maintenance item. How often is it recommended to check/service the tps?

·
Premium Member
2,843 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome! Thanks for links/info. Knowing that I'd need it for other things makes it more worth the money, especially for that set. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
I have a set similar to the red box assortment. Local ACE Hardware had it for 10 bucks. I haven't had any problem with them being soft or poor quality.

If you really want to just borrow one, I could shoot it your way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts