Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bummer story: (Sorry Im from Cali. We Speak Different here....dude) Translation:
Bought my SV650S July 18 found out the nicho aftermarket exhoust was burning a hole in MY battery box.(you know the box that holds the battery under the seat? a hole 3 inches wide.)The bike stayed at the shop two days. They figured to put a thinner battery. drove home 2 blocks away. Next day didn't start another 2 days! I figured I didn't drive it far enough for the battery to charge (usually when a new battery is installed it needs to be charged by the motorcycles alternator or genorator), fine. So finnally picked it up another 2 days later and took it out for a ride (2 miles!) and the gears were gone!( gone as in burned, waisted, some mother f*^$^n bastard slipped the crap out of 3rd 4th 5th and 6th.) San Diego's House of motorcycles sold me a F'n Lemon. they're trying to say I did the damage! I could'nt test drive it cause I dont have an M1.(I don't need no stinking licence! been riding since I was a kid: dirt bikes and quads.) The bike was traded in the day I bought it. (dealership had no time to check the bike) Got a lawyer and all that jazz but I WANT MY SV!

on a good note: my lawyer got the dealership to pay for everything, will be riding again in a week or so thanks to all who replied with advice

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
have a bowl of icecream and rethink your post cause I have no idea of what your trying to say.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Nexus242 said:
have a bowl of icecream and rethink your post cause I have no idea of what your trying to say.
:lol:

This isn't meant to sound like grammar police, but he's right. Some of what you said is hard to figure out. The gears weren't working or the actual physical parts were gone?

·
Registered
26 Posts
:?: I can't figure out what exactly happend to you, but it sounds like you got screwed by a dealership. If you agreed to purchase a used vehicle "as-is", I don't think you have a leg to stand on. I hope things get better for you.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Didn't you already post this in another thread?

·
Registered
142 Posts
What is an M1? Did you mean you didn't have a MOTORCYCLE LICENSE???

·
Registered
398 Posts
Advice?
Sure. Next time bring a experienced friend to test ride the bike. If they wont let an experience liscened rider with gear test ride, walk away.

If you bought it as is, you're not gonna have much luck getting anything out of the dealership. Auto sometimes have implied warrenties, dunno about bikes, but even so it'll mean a legal fight, and Im doubting the money involved is worth it. Go to a reputable shop (ask someone for a reccomendation in your area) and get it fixed. Live and learn.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Rosier said:
There must be something wrong with me. I understood every word.
translate please

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No I was talking about Coyote on the board.... Stranger was the only one who spoke coyote-ese at first :lol:

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
faelyur said:
ooooh, yeah... the punctuation master. gotcha
they is nothing wrong with that most people will get the point as long as they read it a few times through did you know that i have not used one period and really do plan to my bike is yellow and has a loud pipe and uber cool suspension i recently put my passenger pegs back on though i dont know why oh yea because i have been doing two ups did i mention the bike bike is wheelie happy when i ride too up its not exactly comforting to my passenger

·
Registered
113 Posts
He says, "You are cool, Yellow Nudist."

Heh, I'm reminded of that scene in Airplane!

"Pardon me, miss. I speak Jive." :lol:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts