Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Duck because he's tossing a 2-smoker into an SV frame.

For RD because I know he'll find it uber cool.

For the rest of you because you'll agree that it's the shiznit.

http://www.motorcycleracer.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=444

This is a from a forum I'm a member on that's helping me put my GT380 back together.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
What is it?? I'm not an old bike fan or anything.

·
Registered
683 Posts
that thing is going to be an outright animal.

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
That is uber-cool indeed!

I do have a big soft spot for those GT750 "water buffaloes" or "kettles" as the Brits call them.

Cool that people are using those motors for an increasing number of projects these days .... like this Spondon framed number :

·
Registered
683 Posts
pants
getting
tighter

·
Registered
683 Posts
RD where do you find these things? you're like a treasure trove of one-off awesomeness.

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
that thing is going to be an outright animal.
:dontknow: Not really sure about that...they made about the same HP as an SV. I guess the power curve is really abrupt in comparison. Wonder if they tune for big power. I guess that engine has to be a bit lighter than a gsxr engine though right?

·
Registered
856 Posts
lighter,especially up top,none of those cam things. Maybe the parts just happen to accumulate near someone determined enough to put them together. How about the mirror bike, the gixxer engine in the gt 380 frame? new engine+old chassis- pollution stuff= interesting ride,especially with those old brakes and flexy frames:)

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lighter,especially up top,none of those cam things. Maybe the parts just happen to accumulate near someone determined enough to put them together. How about the mirror bike, the gixxer engine in the gt 380 frame? new engine+old chassis- pollution stuff= interesting ride,especially with those old brakes and flexy frames:)

Um, yeah, that GSX-R engine would turn that steel tube frame into a pretzel!

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Not knockin it, just a lot of builds like this plainly don't make sense unless you have both parts laying in the garage or they are practically given to you.

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Not knockin it, just a lot of builds like this plainly don't make sense unless you have both parts laying in the garage or they are practically given to you.
Or if it's just a passion for you and a lot of fun to try.

Worth is a VERY intangible thing that is nigh impossible to measure.

·
Registered
6,316 Posts
The sv is the bike that is closest,to my old 500/3,s. But not in sound or powerband.
It is true that they handled like poop, so i could get behind a new frame/old engine.
Some of us, remember when 2 smokes RULED the streets! :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts