Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this sounds crazy but my question is ... Is it possible to swap standard levers for bmx levers? I know it would take some serious modification but has anyone tried this/thought about it. With any idea about what i would be getting into?

Last summer i was tryin to teach my woman how to ride because we picked her up a used bike so we could go riding together. After the first few miserable hrs of trying to get her to pull out of first gear in my yard she pretty much gave up. Her major complaint was she couldn't reach the brake or clutch without taking her hands almost completely off the handle bars because her hands are so small. Has anyone run into this problem with there signifigant other or possible faced it them selves i'm open to all suggestions as to a reasonable solution

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
I guess I fail to see why you'd want BMX levers.... what's the advantage there?

My SV came stock with an adjustable brake lever, and you can buy adjustable levers like Zach mentioned (although they're expensive). If you dont feel like going that route then I'd try bending the stock levers to the desired position, although I'd utilize some heat to help prevent them from cracking (but you'll be limited in how much you can actually bend them without cracking/breaking).

·
Banned
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that's the thing i just looked at some adjustable levers and the cheapest i found was like 180$ range an not really tryin to spend that .... only reason i said bmx levers is because i got a haro layin around i was thinking of takin levers off of it an there considerably smaller than motorcycle levers. my spending limit is like 50$ lol

i just realized somethin that is a bunch of crap if you notice my join date is may 08' an its tellin me that including this post and the one that started this thread that i only have 3 post....... I havn't been to this forum in awhile i was spending time at tattoo forums ect an my posts must of reset somehow ......

·
SV Hadder
10,486 Posts
while your bmx levers are shorter in length, the work properly without MAJOR modification.

it wouldn't be worth your while.

don't believe me? remove your brake lever and compare it to the haro's

1 - 5 of 5 Posts