·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
836 Posts
THIS IS A GIRL MAGNET.
This gives the guy right away(if the all CAPS typing didn't) that he's a poser.

THEY LOOK FUNNY WITHOUT THE FAIRINGS, THE FAIRINGS MAKE THIS BIKE TOTALLY.
I'm sure that's what Suzuki thought when they produced it. "Man, this bike looks funny without the fairings...ah, what the hell, if we make a full fairing kit then people can charge $2000 above the value when they sell it!"

THE BIKE FELL OVER ONE TIME BUT NOT EVEN WHILE DRIVING IT. IT CAN BE FIXED VERY EASILY.
If it's that easy to fix...why don't you fix it your damn self before you try to sell it?

·
Registered
109 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
I, for one, don't understand how anyone could ever buy bike/car from eBay or an auction site without seeing/testing the vehicle first. It's one thing if you live in the vicinity and can go check it out in person, but putting thousands down on something you can only see pics of is not cool IMO.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I especially liked how he spelled motor "MOTER" on Ebay Motors.....did he even both looking at the web page while he was typing? Was he trying to spell mother and accidentally left out the "H"?

G

·
So an 03 is only worth about $3k?  That kinda sucks.  I would do up to 4500 if the bike was absolutely perfect and owned buy a responsible adult with records and not capslock man.   I would spend a little more for one without the black fame anyway.  So you mean to tell me if you did get 2k over its 'value' (acessed by 'guides' that have never bought or sold one vehicle ever), you would be an idiot? Sure as shit doesn't have a chance though with the lame description, should of had mom do it for him.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
dude who are you kidding the flush mounts alone add like another 1000 to the price. you know how hard those things are to put on.   ;)

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Stamford said:
Inflated price...yes. But whats wrong with inflating price to see if you can get a buy?
there's nothing 'wrong' with trying to get an inflated price, but you have to be prepared to take the flak from all the people who know better. that's the price for shamelessly doing selfish and inconsiderate things.

i emailed the guy who was selling the 'aged' racing tires sitting in his basement for 4 years claiming they were like lance armstrongs aged bicycle tires. after flaming for a couple sentences i asked him if he was stupid or if he was just trying to find a sucker to pay an inflated price. he responded "NO and YES. I sold the tires a few days ago." so the guy is admittedly selfish and inconsiderate of others. i steer clear of such people and they tend to not like me either. i feel bad for the mark though but ultimately is your own responsibility to know what you're buying.

·
Registered
836 Posts
kevinb120 said:
So an 03 is only worth about $3k? That kinda sucks. I would do up to 4500 if the bike was absolutely perfect and owned buy a responsible adult with records and not capslock man. I would spend a little more for one without the black fame anyway. So you mean to tell me if you did get 2k over its 'value' (acessed by 'guides' that have never bought or sold one vehicle ever), you would be an idiot? Sure as s**t doesn't have a chance though with the lame description, should of had mom do it for him.
Eh, I exagerrated some...it's probably worth 4K'ish.

·
Registered
47 Posts
before I bought my 04 SVs (off e-bay) I e-mailed a guy on craigslist who was asking 6500 for an 04. I asked him if he would entertain a price closer to KBB.com, and he like this guy tried to claim that there were too many extras for it to go at that price and that the price on kbb was way off since his was the S model. I then pointed him to the Suzuki site that shows MSRP for an 05 SVs for what he was asking and he replied that he owed too much on the motorcycle. Funny what people think they can get away with.

·
Registered
629 Posts
shekshishekki said:
hahahaha I still find this guy really funni trying to sell this bike for that price. His description is the icing on the cake...
not as bad as some guy tryingto sell his 2004 SV650S with fairings here in town for $6800 :eek:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.