Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is what I have:

2008 Suzuki SV650S Alloy Grey
-less than 1,100 miles, not even broken in yet
-bike has never been laid down
-tinted headlights

Thinking about going to an SV1000 guys, what do you think I could get for this bike? Maybe $6100?

·
Registered
55 Posts
An Sv1000 is going to feel alot heavier, have you tried riding one? If you're not happy with the power of the SV, I've got two words for you: Turbo 'busa

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I either want the SV1000 or a GSXR750...no advice as to what to list the bike for?

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
My roommate has an SV1000. It's faster, but it's not as nimble. I like my 650 better.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Here is what I have:

-tinted headlights

Thinking about going to an SV1000 guys, what do you think I could get for this bike? Maybe $6100?

What are you missing in the 650 that would be answered with the 1000?

·
Registered
6,316 Posts
Won't do him any good.
49 state models MUST have 7,500 miles before you can reg. in CALIF.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
If he really wants a 1000, why stop at an SV, just go straight to a Busa.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I can't tell you what to ask, but I had negotiated deals of 5800 & 5900 on new 08's before I bought my bike.

GL

·
Registered
919 Posts
Besically what we're saying is no, we dont know to list you bike at. And good luck being happy with your next one.

·
Registered
67 Posts
There's a difference between price from a dealership and a private party.

A dealership can offer financing options, which means they don't need all cash up front (something a private party would want).

In '05, I bought '03 SV with 5k mi (flawless, never dropped) for $3000.

Paying ~$6k for a second hand SV is a rip. Besides, with the current financial downturn, a savy buyer would go straight to a dealer and negotiate 20%-30% off MSRP (based on a package purchase with accessories).

So for that same money, you could possibly get a Ducati Monster.

Either way, a second hand SV in a down market would be found for an extreme discount over buying new.

·
Registered
984 Posts
A local dealer here has a 2K5 red one with nice carbon fiber Yosh TRS exhausts on it. They only want a mere $8500 for it! LoL.

I stop by in there occasionally (it's where I bought my SV) and they always see me eyeing that 1K, and do the typical 'What's it going to take to get you to drive that out of here?' bit, and I'm like: 'Cut the price in half, and take my bike in trade for at least half of that, and we'll start talking!' heh.

But yeah, why do you want a 1K already? Have you truly explored the full range of the 650 yet? Track days bore you, the Mountain Roads are too easy, the cross-country trips are too dull at sane speeds?

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Here is what I have:

-tinted headlights

What kind of riding do you enjoy? If all you want to do is go faster in a straight line, buy a 1000. Anything else - in-town city riding, twisty roads, touring - the 650 is better suited.

After getting accustomed to my SV650 I thought I wanted an SV1000. Then I took a trip to NW Arkansas (very curvy, hilly roads) and was very glad I had not upgraded. The Sv650 felt right at home - light and nimble with more than enough grunt to pull me toward the corner. Not to mention better gas mileage, cheaper maintenance, easier-to-find parts...

I suggest you do a couple mods to your 650 to suit your taste a little better, along with suspension and tires. Then seek out mountainous twisties.

·
Registered
29 Posts
hmm, an 08 huh? I just bought one and it has been a huge pain since it was out of state. (im in cali) I have to register and title it out of state and then ride it here haha. Craigslist over here in san diego is listing 08's at 6000, so the actual selling price will be less, most likely around 5500 or 5600. I think that this is what the bike is worth now due to the huge depreciation that you get when you drive off the lot.

If I were in your shoes, I would drive this thing for a while so you actually get your money's worth before selling it. Maybe sell it when the odo hits 4000 or 7500. At that time, i'd sell it for about 5300-5200 ish.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts