Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the earliest you guys would recommend to plan a week on the road heading south from NY? The destination can be very flexible, I'm just looking to get out on the bike for a week and decompress. I have the option of throwing the bike in a truck and driving for a day to get out of the area but I'd have to leave the truck in a safe place, not just a random parking lot.

Thanks,
Dave

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Early May I'm likely heading south for a week. Farting around VA and visiting some friends. Possibly late April depending on how the weather comes about.

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Last year I left on the last weekend in April headed to GA. I had about 50% nice weather and 50% sh!tty, rainy weather...even got a bit of hail on the far edges of few tornados over the 3 day ride down.

Like I said (and am now leaning more towards) I can drive a day and park the truck and then loop back to that spot to head home, maybe 600-750 miles out to justify leaving earlier than the weather in NY would inspire. :)

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Def thinking about it, just not sure I can wait that long ;)

Not just my own desires at play here, my boss is putting a lot of pressure on me to take a week off sooner rather than later. I don't know how long I can put him off as well.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Def thinking about it, just not sure I can wait that long ;)

Not just my own desires at play here, my boss is putting a lot of pressure on me to take a week off sooner rather than later. I don't know how long I can put him off as well.
Just tell him its locked in.

We could always just go down to springbreak and party with some college kids.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
I've alway take my week vacation and headed south either the last week in April or first 2 weeks of May, coinsiding with blackfly season here in NH

not only do I miss the black flies, I usually miss a week of local rain too

the one year I waited till the 3rd week of May, it wasn't as fun, there were more vacationers & crowds

·
Registered
253 Posts
I live in N. VA and you can leave your truck at my house. I also have a small garage, some tools (basic) and an air mattress or recliner (your choice) that are available. I will need about 1 week notice if you are interested. I Googled "Spanish Harlem" and it's about a 5.5 hour drive to my place.

I'm new to the area, so I can't give you any idea about a time frame that VA has good weather for riding. I don't have any extended trips planned until May (Deals Gap).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts