Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about getting a SV1000 and I was wondering what kind of milage people have on their bikes? Also what problems you have had. Thanks for any info.

Bill

·
Registered
48 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Take my opiniof for what it's worth, but I did not like riding the 1000. I love the 650, but the 1000 just didn't do it for me. I don't know what it was, but it didn't feel like it wanted to turn as easily as the smaller SV. Power was nice, but nothing like the 1000 cc inline 4s.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Hmm... just shy of 9k miles and all I've had to do is change the tires, filter/oil, and tighten one leaky coolant clamp. (many had this same clamp to tighten on the '03's. Thats it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I too test rode an SV1000.....no likie really. It was OK....not that much faster than the SV650 and the 650 was more fun to ride....just felt like the better package. I'd get a 650.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I bought a 03 Sv1000s over the 650. My reasons were I was coming off a vmax and I found the torque on the Dl650 to be anemic. As fr as I understand the Dl has stronger midrange then the Sv 650. When I test rode the Dl 650 I was very impressed with the bike as a whole and figured that the sv650 would be even better but when I got off of the sv1000s I just couldn't stop smiling. It was an absolute hoot, hence I now own one.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Pros

I4 litre class super sport torque.
I4 600 super sport power - DOWN LOW where it matters.
Dual Cans which look mean and can be made to sound meaner.
Unique because not everybody has one.
More power to be had with simple, low cost mods.
Does not look or sound like an I4 (see Cons).

Cons

Bloody uncomfortable in stock trim! (needs a corbin seat, heli-bars, & lowered pegs)
Rear shock, though fully adjustable, is not great for aggressive street riding or track use.
Does not look or sound like an I4.

Just my two penny's worth.

ps. buy a 1000

1 - 7 of 7 Posts