Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whoo hoo I installed my Scorpion Highmount tonight! Sorry no pics ::) Wow that thing just sings to me. I think im gonna get it rejetted here in a week or so. Whenever you fellas install your new pipe be sure to fire it up with the pipe cut off. Wow that sounds so awsome, its good enough to make harley guys cry. But I really like the sound of that Scorpion, not too loud, but its got a real good tone. The High mount is the only way to go in my own very humble opinion. Thanks Jim for helping me decide to get the Scorpion im really happy with it! :) Adam

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Sweet. I'd like to hear that. I think I've only heard a Devil pipe on an SV. No aftermarket pipes on any other SV's that I'm aware of. It was ride_naked's bike by the way.

I think I'm gonna high-mount my stock can once I shorten it... or maybe I'll leave it long and add a second stock can on the left side. High mounted... both of them 8)

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
how much that pipe run you? i think i'm gonna go the slip on route instead of the full system route.

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
abass84 said:
There is a significant weight difference in the stock an aftermarket can thats for sure
+1,it's crazy how much lighter my ART carbonfibre can is (guess that's why some are carbonfibre ::)).mine is ridiculously lound sometimes though.the harley guys dont know what's blowing by them..heh.

i wish i had gotten a highmount,nice choice!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
www.buycyclegear.com Is where I found mine after a refferal from the original gangsta, "jimdaddy". Mine is just a slip on, the money versus practicaly for me just didnt weigh out. Im hours from a track and my bike most likely wont ever see one so i couldnt justify spending the money on it for the small added preformance. I am trying to learn the values of being frugal though.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
abass84 said:
I am trying to learn the values of being frugal though.
Then you should have just modded the stock can like I, and several others, have done. Sounds good and can cost as little as $0 or up to around $40 depending on how far you go and how clean you want it.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
how loud is it i want some thing thats stupid loud but won't wake the neighbors at lower than 2k rpm's

·
Premium Member
6,627 Posts
abass84 said:
Whoo hoo I installed my Scorpion Highmount tonight! Sorry no pics ::) Wow that thing just sings to me. I think im gonna get it rejetted here in a week or so. Whenever you fellas install your new pipe be sure to fire it up with the pipe cut off. Wow that sounds so awsome, its good enough to make harley guys cry. But I really like the sound of that Scorpion, not too loud, but its got a real good tone. The High mount is the only way to go in my own very humble opinion. Thanks Jim for helping me decide to get the Scorpion im really happy with it!  :) Adam
welcome to the scorpion family, glad you like it,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts