Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, maybe not unbearable - especially as I wear earplugs. But I prefer to go more stealth rather than less, when possible.

The bike I bought has a Yosh full system. About where does that fit along the loudness scale as far as decent full systems are concerned? I'd swap it for something else, if it's one of the louder options, but if they're all on one end of the scale, I'll deal.

M'boy's M4 doesn't seem much louder, to me...

·
Registered
367 Posts
I don't think that full systems are that much louder than the comparable slip-on from the same manufacturer. They tend to use the same muffler after all. I had a Yosh on my first SV. I never thought it was too loud. I'd say that its on the quieter side of average for aftermarket. D&D tend to be some of the loudest.

·
Registered
55 Posts
My D&D is loud as snot!!! Only one time I wished it wasn't so loud... When I passed the bicycle cop downtown. Got off with a warning...

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
+1 to billbillw, except that in some cases the manufacturers will design their slipons to be a little quieter- Yoshi have a "quiet" race can for instance, so to Arrow- but these rarely come attached to full systems since they're slightly less efficient, and since full system buyers are generally more performance-led (at least, that's the logic!)

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
it's not the "full system" that's loud, its the can, it would be very easy to make a full system that flows exaust AND is even quieter than stock

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
Yup. Or simply interchange an end can and retain the pipework (as I've done). But, quieter cans tend to be more restrictive, all other things being equal, which costs 0.0000001bhp and puts people off ;D

·
Registered
105 Posts
might depend on the can style of the yosh too. i have had RS3s that are unbearable (all slip-ons) but the full TRS i have on the SV right now is loud, but nice.

(tho the RS3s I had were on an R1 and GSXR600, so that may have had an impact)

·
Premium Member
5,615 Posts
What Yosh can do you have? They sell an insert for some of their cans (RS3, RS5, and TRS). You might be able to quiet down your existing system for under $50.

I run a Hindle full system with the stealth core muffler and the insert - it's still a bit louder than I'd like, but just about as quiet as an aftermarket full system is going to get.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts